• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 10:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Barb

Started by LizStreithorst, March 03, 2015, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just got a call from Barb.  She's in no mood to type so she asked me to type for her.  Her husband Bill is having a big deal surgery Thursday.  They didn't want to do it because of the huge risk, but it has come to the point where there is no choice.  I'm lighting a candle.  It worked last year.  Pauline, she wants you to send a Michigan prayer.  Everybody else, please do what ever supersition you use or send positive thoughts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 03, 2015, 03:08:09 PM
I just got a call from Barb.  She's in no mood to type so she asked me to type for her.  Her husband Bill is having a big deal surgery Thursday.  They didn't want to do it because of the huge risk, but it has come to the point where there is no choice.  I'm lighting a candle.  It worked last year.  Pauline, she wants you to send a Michigan prayer.  Everybody else, please do what ever supersition you use or send positive thoughts.

Jan and I, send our thoughts and prayers out to Bill and Barb.....

thanks for letting us know Liz...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks for the heads up Liz.  Thoughts and prayers heading to the Carolinas...

Dennis

wsantia1

Wow. Prayers go out to Bill and Barb.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I'm definitely sending prayers and positive thoughts out to Barb and Bill. Many of them. Thanks for telling us Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Peaceful, healing thoughts go out to you, Barb & Bill. My wishes are that the physicians are skillful at their practice.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Thoughts and prayers headed your way Barb and Bill.

JC

Sending thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a quick recovery

ilroost

Praying for them. Hope all turns out well

Barb

Thank you so much friends.  I will let you know if your thoughts and prayers help.  This is risky surgery to repair a huge hernia from his abdominal surgery this time last year.  He needs a large mesh installed into his whole abdomen to hold all his organs in place since the wall is gone.  I can finish the rest of the move myself and will get others to help if I need it.  The hardest of work is all done thank goodness.  And we did take a nice vacation recently.  Now for a tough time.
Barb

JR

My prayers goint out to you
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Barb called earlier.  Bill made it through just fine.  They hoped they'd be able to do the surgery laproscopicly.  They didn't think they'd be able to, but they hoped.  Thank God they were able to.  It was way easier on him than if they'd had to make a huge incision in him, though all the scar tissue from his previous surgeries in his abdomen and put in a 12"X20" piece of mesh to hold his guts in.

He will have 6 weeks of painful recovery.  Barb will insist on them giving him narcotic pain killers because the non narcotic stuff doesn't work for him.  I told her to tell them that at his age it didn't matter if he got addicted.  What he needs is some relief. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thanks for the update, Liz...it's good to know that all went well.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Sending prayers. Happy to know all went well.
Scott

wsantia1

That great news. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.