• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 245
Total: 246

Mixing Sizes

Started by PaulineMi, February 28, 2015, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

What's a good size for juveniles to be when putting them in with adults?  I have five adult angels in a 90 and four youngsters that are between nickel/quarter size.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 28, 2015, 07:18:57 PM
What's a good size for juveniles to be when putting them in with adults?  I have five adult angels in a 90 and four youngsters that are between nickel/quarter size.

The larger angels usually won't pick on them......I'd say with all the free space, why not toss em in...??  it's a planted tank, right?.....plenty of places for them to explore....caution tho, make sure they can get food to eat....they should tho.....that would be my only concern....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Nickles and quarters can eat bbs.  The adults can't.  I have a 60 with 3 adults that I moved 4 nickles into.  I tossed in some BBS for the little guys.  I may stick a potted plant and a piece of wood in their tank tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Okay, thanks. The tank is still bare bottom but has an assortment of artificial plants in it at the moment. Plenty of dive and hide areas if needed. I'll be sure to see that they get their fair share of food.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2015, 08:55:19 PM
Nickles and quarters can eat bbs.  The adults can't.  I have a 60 with 3 adults that I moved 4 nickles into.  I tossed in some BBS for the little guys.  I may stick a potted plant and a piece of wood in their tank tomorrow.

Yep....but that size needs flake, and other foods too...so it can grow better at that critical,imho, stage.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson