• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Cube tanks

Started by Mugwump, January 01, 2013, 06:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Anyone running a cube tank?...I have a small one that uses an undergravel type setup...if I had a much larger tank, what's the easiest to use and to make look nice....canister?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I like the look of cube tanks. I wanted a 56 gallon but Santa didn't bring it to me.
Scott

ilroost

I got a 40 cube sitting empty. i like the longer tanks better

b125killer

I always wanted to get a cube and a small tree stump to make a center piece out of it. Kind of like when they make a reef in the middle of a cylinder tank. I can't imagine that a cube tank would be the greatest for plants.
Scott

Mugwump

I just thought it would be neat to tinker with....aqua scaping etal....a good light would grow a nice batch of 'Vals' good and tall...sword in the middle, small anubias for the bottom with a few java fern.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I have never had one but have always wanted one.  My dream cube would be a large one, maybe 100 gal, set in the middle of the living room so I could see and plant it from all sides.  Would have to have all the electric and filtering stuff somehow underneath it all and well hidden.  And have comfy chairs or other seating all around it.    Just a dream I know...
Barb

GeorgeG

I have a 300 gallon cube with Blue Diamond Discus in it.

b125killer

That sounds like a nice tank. do you have any pics?
Scott

Mugwump

Wow, 300 gallon cube....is it centered in a room??...any pics?
Jon

GeorgeG

I had pictures but they are on another hard drive on an old computer. No I keep most of my tanks outside in the garage. I will take a photo of it next weekend. I also have 3 smaller cubes in the house with Crystal Red Shrimp SS & SSS in them.

GeorgeG

Here is the tank before I moved it outside.

Mugwump

Beautiful set up....that's nice, George..
Jon

GeorgeG

It is a nice tank and it used to be a saltwater tank but it is a pain in the neck to clean, even today with my discus in it and being a bare tank it's a pain to clean the walls an bottom. I now use one of the blue swimming pool hose to drain the water. It's drilled on the bottom but I no longer use those holes their too small for draining it but great for Saltwater equipment

b125killer

Scott

Barb

I would love to have a 300 gal cube.  That is a nice one.
Barb