• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 384
Total: 385

Need lots of Anubias

Started by Barb, February 21, 2015, 08:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Can any of you suggest an online site where I could order a lot of it?  Snail free plants required, and I would like different varieties.  I need 50-100 plants.  Thanks for info!
Barb

Mugwump

....."Mark of Excellence" ,,Mark Huffman....bxdragon1@hotmail.com   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thanks Jon, does he have a website or should I just email him and tell him what I need?  Do you know him and does he go to the swaps with you?
Barb

Mugwump

Yes we know him well, Mark lives in Bloomington Indiana....he comes up this way for the swaps, etc....I think he was at the last NADA too...??

His phone is....(812) 322-1652...tell him that I sent you, and that we'll see him on the 22nd of March at the GCCA swap....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Mark definitely gets around.  He was at our convention in Columbus last March, saw him at the Cincy swap Jan 31 of this year.....  not sure if he'll be back in CBus for our swap on March 14 or not.....

Mark is a great guy with fantastic quality plants.

Dennis

b125killer

Mark has the best plants! And a super nice guy!   He also has a Facebook page. Just look for Mark of Excellence. I got almost all my plants from him. He'll take good care of you.
Scott

LizStreithorst

He was the plant guy at NADA.  Didn't you buy plants there?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Yes, he sure was.  I had forgotten his name though.  I did buy lots of plants from him.  So, I will call him this week.  Thank you all for your input, I will let you know what/when I get from him.  I have lots of wood in all my tanks now, and want to cover them with Anubias.  It is one plant I can count on to always look good and grow in this rock hard water we have here. 
Barb

PaulineMi

Can't wait to see the finished tank. You will make it look so nice.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I've tried to grow this plant that any idiot can grow twice.  Both times it died :-[  I have this tank that I'm making into a display tank of sorts.  There's plenty of wood to tie anubius to.

Display tanks are not my strong suit so I know my attempt will win no awards.  So far the only thing in this 100 gallon are a pair of Discus (male is sterile) the Amazon swords from my mommy plant at the shop, and a bunch of little snots.  It needs some GBR's, some Pearl Gouramies, and a school of something small.

Barb

LOL, do we call that your "Adults Only" tank Liz?  How about some of those Celestial Pearl Danios that are so pretty, in Pauline's recent tank pic?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Dennis says that none of the fish he breeds will be happy in temps in the low to mid 80.  I asked because his small fish are so very beautiful.

Barb

I have contacted Mark, and plants will soon be on the way to me.  Thanks for suggesting him.  He remembers me from NADA and that I bought plants from him and he bought some caves from me.  I had just forgotten his name.
Barb

Mugwump

Jon