• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 308
Total: 308

Think'n about a garden yet?

Started by Mugwump, February 11, 2015, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we are...might go a bit bigger this year to get more working space...it was awfully tight in there with everything last year.....

We should get a rebound crop from our Strawberries/blue berries/raspberries/peaches, etc...because last year, after that super cold winter, wasn't very good.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We've had herb gardens growing all winter. Fresh herbs for cooking are great.

Gale has Hens and Chicks and other soft succulents ready for her Spring into Gardening expo on March 14th.

http://www.gerrysgardenshop.com/

It's a work in progress. More will follow as we near spring.

GraphicGr8s

Tomatoes are starting to wane in the garden now. Wife still managed to pick a tone of cherry maters. Some seeds are in start trays and more will go down Saturday for transplant in late March.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I'll just plant my usual couple of tomatos and a few different peppers.  My customers always bring me free food from their gardens, but I like growing my own 'maters.  I plant mine late so they ripen when most people's are in decline.  I may plant some potatoes in large containers just because harvesting them is fun, like finding buried treasure ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

greydragon

i am planning my new garden it will be about 46x40feet not sure what all we will be planting this year yet

wiggs

Hey, Graydragon,  You da man.  I would love to have a garden that size, but my yard is small and I don`t think that I could take care of all that. As of now, I`m looking into keeping honey bees to help polinate all of my fruit and veggies. They are having a class about bee keeping at our commuity college and I will be taking it. As honey bees are declining they are trying to get more people into raising them. I may have to check with the city to see if we can have them in town. I hope so, it would be great to watch them, no I`m not afraid of getting stung. They are pretty docile when they know you.
Jan