• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 306
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

Otocinclus Catfish, Otto Cat

Started by Mugwump, December 28, 2012, 08:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pashley

lol, i work at pet smart and i can tell you that the stores don't have a choice in what they are sent. the warehouse determines what each store receives.  the pet department managers do not even get to place an order to get what they are out of. it really sucks., especially when we have sales like this going on. we might have it the 1st weekend and then none for the rest of the sale. you might see if you can get a rain check on the otto's. i know we have done it once in a while where i work.

Jdmcfast

Ok thanks for the insight pashley
Josh

BallAquatics

Quote from: pashley on January 15, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
...you might see if you can get a rain check on the otto's...

That was what I wanted when I took my losses in for replacement, but the fish lady said they didn't give rain check's for sale items.  Now please don't get the wrong idea, all of the girls that work in the fish department of my local Petsmart have just been great to me and the grand kids when we visit.  My issues are with the company and their counter intuitive approach to customer relations.  In my one encounter with PetCo, they were just the opposite and went way above and beyond the call of duty to see that I got my $1 per gallon tanks.

Dennis

pashley

yea, i can totally relate Dennis. they want us to give great customer service and all that, but they really tie our hands when it comes to being able to sometimes. i get really frustrated because we are always out of stuff and it takes forever to get it back in. our selection really is worse that our local lfs.  i remember when the petsmart opened here they had 10 times the variety of inventory, fish was the same though. i have to send a lot of customers to the local lfs because either we don't have something, or they won't replenish it from the warehouse.....go figure. (our petco is the exact opposite here). they can still replace them for the sale price, they just need to make a note on the receipt. that is what a raincheck is for, so you can get the item at the sale price when it comes back in....wow, that is weird. corporate retail, sucks they really have no idea when it comes to customers and customer service, and much more. i am hoping to get out of there soon.

Jdmcfast

Well one of the two stores got them in but are already sold out!....Grrrrrrr:(
Josh

Mugwump

Well that sucks !!!....write your Congressman.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2013, 02:45:20 PM
Oh I plan too! With plenty of issues, but while Petsmart is frustrating atleast they are not infringing in my constitutional rights!;)
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 16, 2013, 03:22:47 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2013, 02:45:20 PM
Oh I plan too! With plenty of issues, but while Petsmart is frustrating atleast they are not infringing in my constitutional rights!;)

LOL...sure they are...'the right to get what's advertised'......LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Stopped by to pick up some Otos today.  Yes, they had plenty, but they had removed the sale tag.  This just takes the cake!  The local ad clearly states they are on sale until Feb 3.  Sent them a nice email message on their web site...

Dennis

BallAquatics

Got an email from Petsmart.....

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your e-mail and for bringing this to our attention. I have taken the liberty of entering a customer complaint on your behalf. Your complaint will be addressed by a member of our Management Team within 3-5 business days, and you can expect a reply at that time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you, and we appreciate the opportunity you have given us to set the matter right.

Sincerely,

Eric
PetSmart Customer Care
Phone: 1-888-839-9638

Dennis

Mugwump

Wow, a response.....our Petsmart is pretty good, no issues so far...but they did raise their prices some....
Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

That looked too easy... ;D...we've caught little bullheads that way too....they swarm..

good find. Dennis...thanks
Jon

b125killer

There was alot of fish in that net. I couldn't help but thinking how funny it would be if they fell off.
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: b125killer on April 01, 2013, 02:38:27 PM
I couldn't help but thinking how funny it would be if they fell off.

You my friend, have a warped sense of humor.....  hehehe, I was thinking the same thing!   :P

Dennis