• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 10:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 123
Total: 124

New Dantums

Started by PaulineMi, January 16, 2015, 09:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

The Dantums I won via a gift certificate donated by David at Angelfish USA arrived today.

Opening the styrofoam lined box

The heat packs were nice and warm. Our overnight temperatures were in the 20's

The temp in the box is a little cooler than I expected based on the heat pack temps

And here are the 4 little Dantums, looking to be in good condition as they're getting lowered into the tank in their shipping bag to warm up

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

WooHooooo!  Now you're cooking, Pauline! Christmas all over again!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Thanx, Pauline.....the heat packs did their job nicely, for only two.....holding the 70's is excellent.....those must have been the 72hr packs....

The Dantums look great.....it's good to hear that all went well.....that was two day shipping right??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Enjoy your new fishy friends Pauline.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Yes Ron...it's always fun getting new fish delivered.   ;D

Jon...Shipping was overnight with guaranteed delivery by 10:30 a.m.

Here are three of the four little pre-dimes turned loose in their QT tank. This group has nice long ventral fins. The Dantums of this size that I got last year had short ventrals but they grew out nicely.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Nice......no albino this time??

Overnight.....two heat packs, about right.....I'll be using likely 4 on Tuesday.... ;D ...but it's headed to warmer from colder, not warmer to colder.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Yes, they're albinos, pure white with red eyes.  I just don't have lights on in their part of the room yet.  Plus no flash either as I don't want to spook them.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 16, 2015, 11:04:12 AM
Yes, they're albinos, pure white with red eyes.  I just don't have lights on in their part of the room yet.  Plus no flash either as I don't want to spook them.

Cool...... ;D..grow em big and strong "like bull".... ;D
Jon

Barb

How cute they are Pauline.  I hope to have some Dantums someday.  A tank with just them, like you have.  I have also decided I want another tank of Australian Rainbowfish like I had for years.  They are so beautiful in a planted tank.
Barb

wsantia1

Those are very nice Pauline.  Best wishes with them. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JC

Very cool Pauline. Do you have other dantums?

LizStreithorst

Pauline, I have a question about the shiping.  It looked like the box was more filler than fish, am I wrong.  What were the inside dimensions of the box?  Sorry that these are strange questions, but your answer will help me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks Barb and Willie.   :)  I will enjoy raising these guys Dennis.

Liz, the inside dimensions are 8x8x8. 

PaulineMi

Quote from: JC on January 16, 2015, 02:53:59 PM
Very cool Pauline. Do you have other dantums?

Yes I do JC.....they were the same size as these new ones when I got them.

b125killer

Nice angels Pauline, I like the way you photographed the package. It was like we all got to open it with you. ;D
Scott