• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:55:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

Pleasant surprise

Started by BallAquatics, January 14, 2015, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I was getting ready to try and photograph some Devario sondhii fry this evening when I noticed these in the tank.....

L183 fry!!!  Someone told me these fish needed to be around 3 1/2 years old before they would spawn, but these are only just 2 years old.  I picked them up back in April of 2013 and they were tiny.  http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=1092.msg10030#msg10030

Dennis

Mugwump

Awesome....they must like the way you treat them.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...congrat's !!

How many do you think that you have??.....Put me down for some, if you have any to spare..
I'll find a tank space for them somewhere....any special parameters ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline & Jon.

No idea how many yet.  I haven't been paying real close attention thinking they were too young to spawn.  They are in 99% rain water at 82F.

http://youtu.be/AWGnP6Eherg

Dennis

Barb

A great sight Dennis, makes all the work well worth it doesn't it?
Barb

BillT

Wow!
Congratulations Dennis!

wsantia1

Congratulations Dennis. They look absolutely great. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

They don't look too tiny, so they be have been lurking under the wood for a while...??..what are you going to feed them?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks everyone.  I've been feeding the adults Xtreme Catfish Scrapers and baby carrots.  I'll probably add some zucchini to the mix.  The gravel in that tank is pretty coarse so no sense in trying to feed anything small.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 15, 2015, 07:14:48 AM
Thanks everyone.  I've been feeding the adults Xtreme Catfish Scrapers and baby carrots.  I'll probably add some zucchini to the mix.  The gravel in that tank is pretty coarse so no sense in trying to feed anything small.....

Dennis

You can, also, grab an algae covered rock, or something from another tank....that'll keep em busy between feedings...
Jon

BallAquatics

That's a good idea.  The adults keep this tank spotless.  I've probably even got some anubias that could use a good cleaning too!  LOL

Dennis

JC

Very cool surprise. I like L183's a lot

LizStreithorst

I didn't even know what they are :-[  I googled images and now I know.  They sure are beautiful.
Always move forward. Never look back.