• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Website changes.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 08, 2015, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Last night, I moved the website to a new host.  When you move a site, the sites IP address changes and not all of the DNS servers get updated at the same time.  That's what has happed with Jon.  He's fine, it's just that his ISP's DNS server still sends him to the old location so he can be with us here.  It's just a matter of time until all the DNS servers get updated with the correct IP address for the site and everyone will be able to login.

The missing "Forum" button is also a residual affect of the move.  We've had this problem before and I'll get it sorted shortly.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 08, 2015, 02:39:04 PM
Last night, I moved the website to a new host.  When you move a site, the sites IP address changes and not all of the DNS servers get updated at the same time.  That's what has happed with Jon.  He's fine, it's just that his ISP's DNS server still sends him to the old location so he can be with us here.  It's just a matter of time until all the DNS servers get updated with the correct IP address for the site and everyone will be able to login.

The missing "Forum" button is also a residual affect of the move.  We've had this problem before and I'll get it sorted shortly.

Dennis

Be glad to help you with that problem.

I am a pro at that stuff. Making it worse that is.  :)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Well I think we are back up to speed.....   ;)

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Looks really good Dennis, nice job  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Good to have you back!  I missed you all yesterday.  Pauline and I chatted via email to help.
Barb

wsantia1

I had no problems getting on the new site yesterday. I was wondering where everyone was at. ;D 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 09, 2015, 07:24:05 AM
I had no problems getting on the new site yesterday. I was wondering where everyone was at. ;D 8)

I had no problems getting on the wrong site.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..and I wondered where everyone was at too...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I notice when i was at lunch, It wouldn't let me on. Everything seems to be good now ;D. Thanks Dennis, your doimg a great job!
Scott

BallAquatics

Thanks folks.  Looks like just about everyone has checked in except for Liz.  Probably her dodgy satellite Internet.

This new server is a much better home for Mugwumps.  Our other host was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing back when Jon first expressed interest in a website.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis.  Like Barb said we conversed via email.  This forum is such a morning routine that it's a bit of a "whhhhaaaatttt?" when we can't  log on. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

You're very welcome Pauline.  It's usually not a big deal when you start up a website, but when you move an existing site it can be a bit troublesome waiting for the DNS to propagate across the Internet.  http://computer.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I still was not able to get on when I left for work this morning.  Here at work, it's working fine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Good to see you made it in Liz.  We are really at the mercy of when your Internet Service Provider's DNS gets updated.  Until it gets updated with the IP address of the new website server it will send you to the old site where no one is home.

As a tech it's rather interesting to me to watch as the update propagates across the Internet.  I've got my DNS settings pointing to Google's DNS servers and the update was almost instant.  Many of the other members were close behind and were logging into the new site within minutes.

The website it's self has never really been down as the new site was fully functional before the change to the DNS was made at the domain name registrar.

Dennis

Mugwump

I was wondering how long Liz's 'satellite' connection would take to do it...good to see that ya got on at work,Liz....hopefully the 'home' connection will be up too, when you get there.....
Jon