• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 272
Total: 272

Let Us Pray

Started by LizStreithorst, December 23, 2012, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

For my friend to find me my RSG's.  I don't expect Santa to show up with them.  They just need show up in the next couple of months.  My heart yearns for wild caught RSG's.  It has since 2010.  My highly refined Asian snake skins need to be shown a wild time. 

Just think of the huge varation in the offspring.  Just think of selecting what rings my bell and breeding it back on itself and selectiing some more and breeding them back again.  I could easily inbreed 3 times if the inital cross is to a wild.  Can you imagine the fun I would have with this?
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2012, 07:47:50 PM
Can you imagine the fun I would have with this?

Yes I can!  I'll see if I can put in a good word for you... you will be in my prayers Liz.

Dennis

Mugwump

Just think, it'll be almost spring time. Prime breeding with the low pressure system rains.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Hope your prayer is answered Liz, you do deserve it to be.  I will put in a good word for you too.
Barb

b125killer

I pray that your heart gets what its yearns for.
Scott

JR

Liz Patty and I will say a little prayer for you
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

You got it!  Prayers sent.  :) 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

No wild caught RSGs for me, alas.  The good ones are simply not avaible.  I'm told that people like Hudson buy the few good ones directly from the fishermen.  What the exporters get is already second rate.  I've seen what should have been the best of these second rate RSGs in person at a Discus show.  I want nothing to do with them.  They were ugly Discus. 

This is a disappointment, but I will work with what I have.  I have some truely excellent Discus.  I wish that they could have had an excellent wild time.  It's just not to be.

BallAquatics

Don't give up just yet Liz.  I often see newly discovered fish that I'd love to get, but they are not available here in the states.  Where there's a will, there's a way and if you persevere you might be surprised at what might turn up...  I know I have on several occasions.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

RSGs used to be a dime a dozen.  For the past several years they have been almost impossible to find.  You even need to have an important buddy to get poor quality ones.  These days albino RSGs are a dime a dozen.  Is that not the strangest thing you've ever heard?  I've looked at the offerings of wilds on Simply Discus.  None of them are much.  Poor finnnage, poor shapes, and small.

I must be the most hard headed person in the world when it comes to Discus.  I never to give up.  I've had to dump all my fish, sterilize everything and start anew due to cryptobia introduced by some Asian imports.  That was enough to make me CONSIDER giving up.  Tossing all those fish, some of which were asymptomatic was so hard on me that I don't have the words.   

The unavailablity of decent quality wild caught RSGs is nothing more than a disappointment.  I will keep my eyes open.  I have a Discus freind who imports who is looking for wilds but find nothing.  He knows what I want.  If it becomes available he will let me know.