• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Air pumps

Started by GraphicGr8s, January 03, 2015, 07:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Patakos

about 6 years ago i got tired of the noise , cost and inconvenience of my gast blower..they are loud..costly to operate and don't put out much pressure needed for deeper tanks..so i bought an AP100..i love this pump..currently running about 150 lines in tanks anywhere from 5 to 135 gallons...i use 1 1/2" PVC pipe to carry the air...i also have an AP100 for a backup. and an extra rebuild kit.
the AP100 is powerful , quiet and efficient...it only draws 100 watts..

Mugwump

I have a Pondmaster pump that rocks, my backup is a Jehmco 80.....both do an excellent job...I'm using 5/8" clear tubing with the large valve logs...I find it more versatile than the PVC.....I can add, and /or reconfigure the tank setup(s) with ease.....and I'm running off a 'T'...not looped....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You are preaching to the choir John.  I did exactly the same thing, replaced blower with AP-100.  Got one running about 100 drops and another sitting as a spare.....  couple of rebuild kits on the shelf too.  Simply fantastic pumps.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm in love with my Jehmco linear pump..  It's maintenance free.  No diaphram to wear out.  I'm running 42 drops with more to come soon.  I do have 4 medo pumps plumbed together for back up, but I expect my Jemco to be running after I'm dead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 22, 2015, 09:22:31 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 21, 2015, 10:41:19 PM
Not sure if I ever said but I did get the Pondmaster AP100.

I love this pump.

If you haven't already, order a rebuild kit.  It's only a matter of time before a diaphragm will wear out.  At $10 I like to keep a couple on hand.

http://www.123ponds.com/14565.html

Dennis

I waited too long Dennis. Should have taken your advice. Went out tonight and the pump was dead. Both diaphragms were toast. Got two on order. Should have them Wed. Fortunately my tanks are lightly stocked and will do fine without the filters for that short a time. I'll redo all the filters before I start it back up though.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were