• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:42:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 283
Total: 283

Gas prices.....zounds!!!!

Started by Mugwump, January 02, 2015, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I know that it's cheaper in some areas, but I just tanked up at $1.94/Gal....it was $2/gal higher a year ago here......I'm loving it folks.....Dang  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

$1.85 here.  I filled Charlotte up for $20. today ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

One station just to our north is $1.74....our usual station is $1.89.  Never thought we'd see these orices again.  Now if groceries could drop a bit.....
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2015, 03:44:33 PM
$1.85 here.

That's what I paid here last Tuesday on the way to KFC.  $3.00 chicken dinners and $1.85 gas, it just don't get no better....  LOL

Dennis

EdKaz

$1.51 in town 12 miles from our house......and they have a joint in town that serves THE BEST  fried chicken dinners ;)

http://www.motortrend.com/gas_prices/33/illinois/la_salle/streator/

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on January 02, 2015, 04:45:30 PM
$1.51 in town 12 miles from our house......and they have a joint in town that serves THE BEST  fried chicken dinners ;)

http://www.motortrend.com/gas_prices/33/illinois/la_salle/streator/

$1.51 !!!!!!...sure rub it in....... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Quote$1.51 !!!!!!...sure rub it in.......

Streator is a bit of a lost town.......miles off of ANY expressway etc.(you would THINK more costly to deliver to)  MEANWHILE  Still a buck 90 something in Ottawa here, right along I-80  ::)

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

And here I thought our gas was cheap.  Not so I see.  Now I am jealous of you all.  Here in NC
with our high gas tax, it is $2.21 today.
Barb :(

LizStreithorst

Does your state use the gas tax to pay for road and bridge upkeep?  That's what states need to start doing.  I wouldn't mind paying higher gas taxes if it would go to keeping roads and bridges well maintained.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I'm paying $2.33. I am surprised by the low rate in Illinois because when I lived there just a year ago they had some of the highest prices in the country. :o :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

lgelb

We are at 2.27 here in ma. I would love to see numbers under 2.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2015, 06:12:12 PM
Does your state use the gas tax to pay for road and bridge upkeep?  That's what states need to start doing.  I wouldn't mind paying higher gas taxes if it would go to keeping roads and bridges well maintained.

Here in Illinois, they add a tax for about anything to the price of gas...LOL...but yes, roads,etc are a part of it......the difference in gas prices between here and Iowa is basically the difference in state taxes added...........likely the difference in most other states too....now Chicago??....geez Louise, there the added taxes are just crazy............very crazy...
Jon

Barb

[/quote

Yes they do, at least they claim that.]

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 02, 2015, 06:48:24 PM
[/quote

Yes they do, at least they claim that.]

...then every 'podunck' town/county in the state adds there own little tax...LOL
Jon