• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 255
Total: 255

Go Bucks!

Started by BallAquatics, December 30, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Well, only a couple more days now.....   8)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 10, 2015, 08:22:05 PM
Well, only a couple more days now.....   8)

Dennis

At the rate that Oregon's losing players...there will only be 9 on the field for them....but they'll still be dangerous....awfully dangerous....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I can hardy believe those kids are so stupid as to fail a drug test before the National Championship game.  What a bunch of Bozos.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 10, 2015, 08:28:48 PM
I can hardy believe those kids are so stupid as to fail a drug test before the National Championship game.  What a bunch of Bozos.....

Dennis

..likely out at a party..rolled the dice and lost....sad...but it's a very deep team, and well coached too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 10, 2015, 08:36:02 PM
...but it's a very deep team, and well coached too...

Should be a great game.  On paper the two teams are very similar.  Will be interesting to see how they do against us.  In the past, they are 0-8 against Ohio State, they were just too small to hang in there for the whole game.

I remember back at the 2010 Rose Bowl they came in averaging 60+ points a game in their last several games.  They scored 17 in a losing cause against us then.

In a way I think it's more important for Oregon to win the game rather than Ohio State.  Our kids have far exceeded any expectations and years from now can reflect back on all the things they accomplished when no one gave them a chance.

Dennis

ilroost

All i want to know is Why is Ohio States 3rd string QB better than the Illini's QB lol

BallAquatics

It's not been too long ago that Illinois came into Columbus with Juice Williams and kicked our butts!!!

http://youtu.be/gGz5NtW1iz8

Dennis

BillT

The big game is tomorrow.

Yesterday (on the Club Snail Insurrection facebook page) I declared tomorrow (Jan. 12):

National Don't Feed Your Fish Day!!!
(your welcome)
Timed to coincide with the Ducks playing in the Big Game.
Sounds mean (to the fish maybe), but aquaculture research has shown that occasional fasting is good for fish health-wise. In addition you can:
1) be lazy
2) save money
3) good day to have someone else take care of your fish
4) clean your filters
5) tease your fish

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 11, 2015, 03:33:45 PM
The big game is tomorrow.

Yesterday (on the Club Snail Insurrection facebook page) I declared tomorrow (Jan. 12):

National Don't Feed Your Fish Day!!!
(your welcome)
Timed to coincide with the Ducks playing in the Big Game.
Sounds mean (to the fish maybe), but aquaculture research has shown that occasional fasting is good for fish health-wise. In addition you can:
1) be lazy
2) save money
3) good day to have someone else take care of your fish
4) clean your filters
5) tease your fish

LOL  ;D+1
Jon

BillT

Bill's football analysis:

Duck History:

The Ducks used to be not good, but since 1977 they have had an amazing amount of continuity in the coaching staff. Since Rick Brooks, all of their head coaches that were the offensive coordinators of the preceding head coach. The new head coaches usually retained the other coaches in the staff. This has lead to a lot of continuity in the program which has emphasized incremental progress and trying new things from within the program.

An example is in 2011, they lost to Auburn 22-19 at the end of the game, but they they didn't look that great and were widely considered to have been pushed around by the bigger Auburn linemen. Since then they have sought to correct this via recruiting. While still fast, they now have a lot more big people.
This approach has been aided by a lot of money from Phil Knight (of Nike, formerly a U of O runner)). This was used for facilities and uniforms as far as I can tell.

They also have a lot of depth. They have had a lot of people out this year including their first string tight end (an all-conference), a wide receiver who is the national hurdles champ, other receivers (including Carrington who unfortunately could not wait until July when pot will be legal here), an all American cornerback.

Since they do a lot of rotating people on/off the field lots of people get game time and their approach to people being out is "next man up".

Since they have a recent history of other teams thinking they are too puny, they use this to get up for a game. Hearing some of the Buckeyes say this about Oregon this week sounds good to me. Motivation can be important.

Game Analysis:
Although OSU is said to be faster now, I doubt they are as high tempo as Oregon (I have not really seen that much of OSU so I don't really know much about them). If Oregon can get their offense moving early, tempo can be important. Many of their games have involved a lot of offense by both sides in the first half, possibly with the ducks being behind at half time. In the past many games went as follows: about half way through the second half the other teams defense got tired and the Ducks scored a lot.

When this has not worked so well, the Ducks could not get their offense going and were just a quick 3 and out. In that case the Duck defense rather than the other teams got tired.
This year the Duck defense has been better than previously, which has worked out well for them.

The only teams to give the Ducks problems had big powerful lines. I expect OSU will fit in with this, not be easily tired, and hope it to be a good game.

BallAquatics

I'm hoping it's a good game too Bill.  Good luck to your young men from Oregon.

Dennis

ilroost

I remember that game well Dennis. Hell when your a ILLINI fan it's not hard to remember the good games, they are so far and few between

BallAquatics

Go Bucks!!!  Congratulations to the young men of the Ohio State University.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

wsantia1

Congratulations to Ohio State. Great Job!!! ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

The Bucks lived up to the predictions.  Congrats to Ohio State!!!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)