• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 246
Total: 246

Petco $1 per Gallon Sale

Started by PaulineMi, December 27, 2014, 01:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I saw that there was a sign in a local Petco that the sale starts December 28th.

Hope that the tank quality has improved.  :(  There's  been reports of leakers...plus I've suffered that experience personally.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I'm not a fan of there new tanks, they look cheap! At least i don't need anymore tanks.
Scott

Mugwump

I could use another couple of 20's....they're still not too badly built at that size....and too small to have any bow involved.....?????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

I agree their quality has diminished so I get mine from another pet store here in town that will price match. I do need a couple more 20's though. Was looking at the fishroom last night deciding what I want to keep and new projects I want to do and decided I need a couple more breeding tanks haha

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on December 27, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
I agree their quality has diminished so I get mine from another pet store here in town that will price match. I do need a couple more 20's though. Was looking at the fishroom last night deciding what I want to keep and new projects I want to do and decided I need a couple more breeding tanks haha

Plus they allow you to rotate pulling a tank out for deep cleaning occasionally....no down time...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The new $1 per gallon sale tank I had that cracked vertically across the front was a new 10 gallon tank.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 27, 2014, 06:09:06 PM
The new $1 per gallon sale tank I had that cracked vertically across the front was a new 10 gallon tank.

now that's not good, I'll bet it was hair line stress fracture from shipping....??...they can be almost invisible sometimes....
Jon

BallAquatics

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about.....  I must have 40 or 50 Tetra tanks and not a problem with any of them.  Some are even nearly as old as my children  LOL  Not sure about the older ones, but all the newer ones, (in the last 10 years or so), have a lifetime warranty.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

I've got a mish mash of brands. They are all decent. I'm getting a few more tanks tomorrow. But not for what you think. I will harvest the glass for the Metaframes. Cheaper than buying the glass from the glass shop. Plus it will give me glass for covers.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 31, 2014, 03:45:22 PM
I've got a mish mash of brands. They are all decent. I'm getting a few more tanks tomorrow. But not for what you think. I will harvest the glass for the Metaframes. Cheaper than buying the glass from the glass shop. Plus it will give me glass for covers.

excellent solution to aid your endeavors... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon