• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 252
Total: 254

Stingrays

Started by Jdmcfast, December 21, 2012, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Anybody have experience with these? I think I'm gonna try a couple teacups! JR you have stingrays right? What kind?
Josh

JR

I just got my Motoros and Leopoldi last week 2 of each. I have done a lot of reseach on Rays. I have a friend that breeds them.  Tea Cup or Reticulated Rays would not make a good first Ray. Most are hard to get to eat. And can get up to 12-14" Disc. you need a large tank for them. When they are young a 90 gal will work. When they become adults you will need a 180 gal. 6x2x2. If you do go with a Reticulated Ray. Make sure you see them eat.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Boy, I'd really like some stingrays...but they take up too much tank space that I need for grow outs...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I was gonna try a couple teacups in a 4x2x2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

b125killer

That's cool that you got you rays JR. Post pics when you can.
I was looking for info on rays and found this.
http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/aquainfo/freshwater_stingray.html
Scott

JR

I will post pics as soon as we set there large tanks up. They are in two 300 gal tanks at this time. After the first of the year we will put them in there forever home.

b125killer

What size is there forever tank?
Scott

JR

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

600 gallons!!!!!   8)

Dennis

b125killer

That's a big tank. Is it gong to be a species only? 
Scott

JR

Yes Species Only. I have two of these tanks. I installed a engine For Ron last summer for the tanks. Ron has been breeding Rays for about ten year now. I have been trying to get him to sell online. He hates the internet. Every Ray he sells he takes the time to Acclimate it for the customer. He helps you along for the first 90 days. If you dont have a big enough tank he will not sell them to you. His Rays are like his kids. I am going to try and start breeding Rays. The Motoros and Leopoldi disc can get over 30"