• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 138
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 122
Total: 123

Sure Glad This Doesn't Involve Fish!

Started by PaulineMi, December 09, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 12, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
The store agreed to send a new pair of socks.  They ARRIVED TODAY!!!  I just had to yell that out.   ;D

SOCKS = M T A

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That's about it....Lol.   And I remember that song.  ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

I don't remember that song, but I do recall the melody.....

Dennis

Ron Sower

Thank you, Dennis!!!!  I've known the Ol' 97 song for years. It's from right in the area where I lived for the first 51 years of my life. I've been all around those old haunts and miss them. Even more so now. It was a great listen on those videos.  My Dad worked 43 years in accounting for the Norfolk & Western Railway and was still with them when they merged with the Southern Railroad to form the Norfolk Southern Railway. Every once in a while I'll spot one of the NS engines out here on the BNSF rails. That big old Thoroughbred horse on that engine front stands out like mad!

Roanoke was a ''railroad town'', the home of the Norfolk Western. When those coal trains came through the city and held up traffic at the crossings for 10-20 minutes when we were kids, Dad wouldn't let us complain about having to wait for it to pass thru. He'd point out that that's where our living came from. To this day I still don't complain about having to wait on trains.

I'm not a railroad buff by any means, but I do love and respect my memories. Historically, the rails connected this entire country for the first time and have continued to play a truly important part in our nation's economy today.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The railroad is what made my part of the Mississippi.  It enable the lumberjacks to send the huge pines they cut and hauled with big mules and horses to market.  We're still called "The Pine Belt" but the ones cut these days are the planted ones.  The virgin ones are long gone.  The area is now mostly chicken houses and calf/cow.  Still pretty land, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.