• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:12:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 247
Total: 247

I'm a cook'n today....

Started by Mugwump, December 12, 2014, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Pot roast, carrots, onions, and potatoes.....it smells awful hungry in here right now.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

LizStreithorst

Sounds good.

Southern fried catfish for me.  Now that I have a fridge that works I'm allowed to have left overs again :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

We're having steaks, salad....baked potato for Doug, saut?d sweet potato for me.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 12, 2014, 03:55:01 PM
Sounds good.

Southern fried catfish for me.  Now that I have a fridge that works I'm allowed to have left overs again :)

Miss Lucy is not much of a fish eater, so my lunch buddies and I decided to go to a nearby Soul Food Restaruant Wednesday to get some fried catfish. We'd not been there before, and upon walking up to the door, read the sign on it that said they weren't open on Wednesdays. As much as we were looking forward to it, we were glad they weren't open because 2 pieces of fried catfish and a side would have cost us $17.50!!!! This way none of us had to be the one to break down and say that's too much, even though we were all thinking the same thing as we got back into the car and started chatting about the price>>>!!!!

So we went to a sub shop that 2 of the 4 of us had never eaten in.....a little bit better pricing!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 12, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
Sounds good.

Miss Lucy is not much of a fish eater, so my lunch buddies and I decided to go to a nearby Soul Food Restaruant Wednesday to get some fried catfish. We'd not been there before, and upon walking up to the door, read the sign on it that said they weren't open on Wednesdays. As much as we were looking forward to it, we were glad they weren't open because 2 pieces of fried catfish and a side would have cost us $17.50!!!! This way none of us had to be the one to break down and say that's too much, even though we were all thinking the same thing as we got back into the car and started chatting about the price>>>!!!!

So we went to a sub shop that 2 of the 4 of us had never eaten in.....a little bit better pricing!

Drop by the meat shop, grab some fresh catfish.....box of Bisquick, can of beer for batter....boomba...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 12, 2014, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 12, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
Sounds good.

Drop by the meat shop, grab some fresh catfish.....box of Bisquick, can of beer for batter....boomba...

I'ma gonna do that!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Dang.  I bought enough for two meals and nibbling for $3.50.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 12, 2014, 06:01:35 PM
Dang.  I bought enough for two meals and nibbling for $3.50.

That's about what it cost me. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 12, 2014, 06:12:03 PM
I love beer battered fish.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....especially bass and bluegill fillets.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Bluegill or perch for me at home.  Cod or perch in a restaurant. Mmmmmm....

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 12, 2014, 06:14:36 PM
Bluegill or perch for me at home.  Cod or perch in a restaurant. Mmmmmm....

not bad with walleye either... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Yes...walleye!

Here are some perch from our lake....

Mugwump

Nice.....fillet and freeze them???
Jon