• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,319
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Sterbai Spawn.....again

Started by Jdmcfast, December 17, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Thanks, Josh....grow em big and strong... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I had 2 more small spawns the last couple days. Kinda weird how they spawn a little then wait then spawn a little and wait
Josh

Mugwump

Great....they still laying them all over the place??..or have they found a favorite spot?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Still all over but it does seem like there is more in a "clump"
Josh

Mugwump

Those little fry should be looking really good by now...got any pics yet?...
Jon

Jdmcfast

Yes the ones that have survived are looking good but seem to hide a lot. I keep losing like one or sometimes two a day:'(
I'm not sure why. Actually I've been losing a lot of fry the last couple weeks. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with changing RO filters or something with city water our something completely different but it is getting frustrating:-[
Josh

Jdmcfast

At least I've I'm getting plenty off spawns to replace them with lol.
And I picked up 3 more adult Sterbai and 7 more orange lasers this weekend.
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 08, 2013, 11:40:13 AM
Yes the ones that have survived are looking good but seem to hide a lot. I keep losing like one or sometimes two a day:'(
I'm not sure why. Actually I've been losing a lot of fry the last couple weeks. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with changing RO filters or something with city water our something completely different but it is getting frustrating:-[

You might try just aging the water and using that....also, they love microworms at the small stage,etc......crushed pellets too...
Jon

Jdmcfast

I've used vinegar eels and bbs, also some decapitulated bbs. I need to get another micro worm culture mine went bad and I haven't really needed it with angels but I would be nice for the cory
Josh

Jdmcfast

Oh and all my water is aged, heated and aerated;)
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 08, 2013, 12:52:11 PM
I've used vinegar eels and bbs, also some decapitulated bbs. I need to get another micro worm culture mine went bad and I haven't really needed it with angels but I would be nice for the cory

They'll munch crushed pellets from the get-go...they're not quite as delicate as angels when young, they need chow, no egg sacs on em..I start with mostly bbs/micro worms for the first few days....then start with crushed foods too...gets em growing well...give it a try...
oh and get one of Capt'n Bob's sampler packages...they really like frenzy, and his smaller foods for fry....
Jon

Mugwump

How big are the Sterbia fry now??...any more pics??
Jon

Jdmcfast

I lost most of the big spawn that started this post but have had several smaller spawns since then the biggest ones are 3/8in. long probably and are really active
Josh

Mugwump

It's good to hear that you're having some success with them... ;D
Jon