• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

Sterbai Spawn.....again

Started by Jdmcfast, December 17, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Looks like they all hatched! I count about 40 swimmers!
Josh

Mugwump

Drum roll, please.................and the count is now......??? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I have no idea what the count is lol. They are hiding most of the time! I had a small fountain pump in there to circulate the water over the eggs and now that it is off and they are hatched they hide under it most of the time. But there is a bunch, hopefully I get a good survival rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

I'll bet there's more than the 40.....LOL...get em fed...and do some moderate water changes...they'll survive...after a few days, I only changed 20% of the water..they do fine...and they can stay in a smaller tank for quite a bit too...
congrats again..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

They are in a 2.5 and I've been doing 30-40% WC daily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

LizStreithorst

Dang,  Y'all have tanks that small?  Even Jon's 24 baby plecos are in a 29 here.  Most all of my tank space is devoted to grow out.  I guess that maybe I have a Discus breeder's point of view.  Donno...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

2 1/2's are ideal for hatching fry artificially. They keep the fry in a position to find the food easier...then, once chowing good, move em over to a bigger tank....better survival rates..
Jon

LizStreithorst

I should have figured that out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jdmcfast

Sterbai are still doing good. Starting to look like catfish a little getting wickers and visible find anyways lol.
Josh

PaulineMi

That's great news. Sterbais are one of my favorites.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

That's wonderful, Josh.....seems like you're getting the process down too... ;D
Jon

Jdmcfast

I was rearranging the parents tank today and found a few fry in there doing good too, guess I missed a few eggs lol.
Josh

ilroost

Congrats, Josh good to see that they are doing good. now are you ready to send some to me? lol

Mugwump

If you have enough?, I'd like a batch too...I need some new blood and some more bodies for our Sterbia pod...
Jon

Jdmcfast

I will sure let you guys know when the time comes
Josh