• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 179
Total: 180

Friday's coffee moment...

Started by Mugwump, December 05, 2014, 05:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is brewed to perfection this AM.....smells and tastes very, very good.... ;D....rain?..snow?..freezing rain??..sleet??.....seems all the weathermen have a slightly different take on the weather for the next few days.....I'll go with Skilling....he's always closer than the rest of 'em....so misty rain, sometimes freezing in areas..little snow later this weekend..

and now for another cup.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Looks like a massive water change day around here.  They are calling for around an inch and a half of rain today and nearly another half inch tomorrow.

Dennis

PaulineMi

I had an "interesting" morning....so called "customer service" related. We had a pricey item sent to my son in PA on November 1.  He decided he couldn't use it. We visited him a few weeks ago so we drove about 100 miles from his house to the store to return it. All went smoothly.

Yesterday the item showed up at his door again!  Called VISA, they confirmed I wasn't charged for it. I called the store, told them what happened and they are like,  :o huh?.. I had to explain the entire situation several times. Finally I suggested that they do something like provide a pre-paid shipping label or some kind of pick up service as it's a large, heavy item. We just wanted to return their item. Final result: they proceed to tell me all that I should do about their error.

I'm patient and understanding but the incompetence I just dealt with has left me struggling with "fine...we'll just keep it".  >:(
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 05, 2014, 09:15:20 AM
I had an "interesting" morning....so called "customer service" related. We had a pricey item sent to my son in PA on November 1.  He decided he couldn't use it. We visited him a few weeks ago so we drove about 100 miles from his house to the store to return it. All went smoothly.

Yesterday the item showed up at his door again!  Called VISA, they confirmed I wasn't charged for it. I called the store, told them what happened and they are like,  :o huh?.. I had to explain the entire situation several times. Finally I suggested that they do something like provide a pre-paid shipping label or some kind of pick up service as it's a large, heavy item. We just wanted to return their item. Final result: they proceed to tell me all that I should do about their error.

I'm patient and understanding but the incompetence I just dealt with has left me struggling with "fine...we'll just keep it".  >:(

LOL.....I guess customer service couldn't use it in India either....???.. ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The frustrating part was that it was a gal right in the Cabela's store.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 05, 2014, 11:04:56 AM
The frustrating part was that it was a gal right in the Cabela's store.

.........good grief.... :o
Jon

Mugwump

Grab your cups, the afternoon pot is done... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 05, 2014, 09:15:20 AM

Pauline, what you do is talk to someone higher in command.  I've done it by email.  It has worked well for me.  State the problem without emotion.  Throw in some compliment about the local store if you have one.  People way down in the chain of command generally find it easier to say no than find a solution.  People higher up know the value of their customer base.

Always move forward. Never look back.