• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

Going Back To Harlan

Started by JR, November 29, 2014, 11:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

http://youtu.be/yqDVObM1kxc                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I am selling my home after the first of the year. The kids are very unhappy about it. But the way I see it they will get over it. They told me I needed to start living life so that is what I am going to do. I have 50 acres of land and a home bigger than this one there.
  I am going to take me, the dogs and the fish. Going to get back into rescuing German Shepherds. Get me a few chickens and a hog or 2.
  I grew up there till I was 13. I can be near Patty and my mom and dad. I have wanted to go back home for the last 10 year.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

I wish you well, JR. I know that you're doing what will make you happy, and that's all that counts. Doing rescue work will be both challenging and rewarding, and you'll being doing the things that you want to do ....in the place that you want to be....dang, you can't beat that, can ya..

I'm guessing that the hard rehab work has done it's job too.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

The rehab fixed me up. not as fast as I was have a little limp but that is ok.

Barb

JR, sounds like you are doing the perfect thing!  I wish you well.  If all you have is a little limp, after that bad injury, you are really fortunate.  Your medical care sure did it's job, and you cooperated with it all.  Where are you moving?  How far from your current home?
Barb

JR

Barb moving back to Harlan KY. I thinnk I am pertty lucky with the leg it was a long way back. At one time I thought they were going to take my leg. So a little limp is just fine

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

All the best to you, JR. We're here for ya if you need us.

PaulineMi

Great plans JR. Sounds like a great environment.....a peaceful setting with you living your life your way. There's a lot of natural beauty in Kentucky. It will be good for your soul. My best to you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ghonk

No,harlem would have good for his soul. :D

Ron Sower

Great plan JR. I'm missing my Virginia!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

Thank you all. I a just tired of everybody being on top of me. If I want to I can walk out my back door and shot a gun the fishing hole is only a half mile away. It is all my dads family there. All of us together have 3200 acres to play on. The land gives us everything we need its just great.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on November 30, 2014, 01:03:37 PM
Thank you all. I a just tired of everybody being on top of me. If I want to I can walk out my back door and shot a gun the fishing hole is only a half mile away. It is all my dads family there. All of us together have 3200 acres to play on. The land gives us everything we need its just great.

Trust me JR, if Jan and I, had a place like that...we'd be all over it....LOL...in a flash....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Good for you JR. I would never live in a city again. My closest nieghbor is 2 miles away, wouldn't have it any other way.
Hell i can go out on my back deck and drink coffee in my underwear if i want to.
I don't have as much land as you, but enough. The closest town is 7 miles away(pop. 200). We have a volunter fire dept' and a soda machine, no stop lights or stop signs.
i also have chickens a a couple pigs, 3 geese,3 muscovy ducks and 6 pygmy goats.
Glad your doing what you wany.