• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

''Real'' people, true mensches.....

Started by Ron Sower, November 27, 2014, 01:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...are here on this forum.

I was the only one who has posted a Thanksgiving message on our club's listserve so far today. Really weird!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

That's sad, Ron.....it's such a wonderful holiday too, with families, and friends, getting together to give thanks.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What you said about the forum is true.  There are a lot of kind souls here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
That's sad, Ron.....it's such a wonderful holiday too, with families, and friends, getting together to give thanks.
My favorite, even over Christmas!
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2014, 01:59:49 PM
What you said about the forum is true.  There are a lot of kind souls here.
Hi Liz, I was about ready to send you a PM cause didn't see you on here yet today!  ;D You sleeping in while your Cornish hen cooks?  :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I posted about being thankful last night, so figured I'd give it a rest today.

The little hens were delectable.  Most folk can eat a whole one but I can only stuff in half a one.  I bet I'll start snacking on my left overs later.  They came packaged as 2 hens so I cooked both.  I'm set for food for the next 2 days :)  There were a ton of pan drippings for gravy.  I intended to make twice as much stuffing as it called for, but last night I gave in to my desires and fried up half my oysters.

I had Thanksgiving, the dogs got to lick everything before it went into the dish washer so they had Thanksgiving.  I had sauteed spinach on the side and the snots got a fork full of uncooked so they had Thanksgiving, too :D
Always move forward. Never look back.