• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

How to post YouTube videos

Started by BallAquatics, November 26, 2014, 09:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

As almost all forums seem to work just a bit differently, it can sometimes be hard to post videos in your posts.  Here's a quick tutorial on how it's done here at Mugwump's

First go to your chosen video on YouTube and click the Share button.  It doesn't actually look like a button, it's just above the mouse pointer in the image below.....

Once you click the Share button, the code to cut & paste will be displayed in the text box below the button.....

Note:  On some YouTube videos, there's a catch to be avoided at this step.  If you see the 'Check Box' with the text 'Share with playlist starting from.....'
be sure to un-check the 'Check Box' to get the correct code to cut & paste.

Once you have your 'share link' code copied go to your post on Mugwump's and click the YouTube button.....

Clicking the YouTube button will add some code to your post.  Paste your 'share link' right between the two code boxes provided.....

That's all there is to it.  Click the Preview button and see your video displayed in the post.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

You are both very welcome, Pauline & Willie.

Dennis

Mugwump

Great little presentation......the visuals help a lot.....hopefully everyone sees it??... ;D

thanks, Dennis...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

That's pretty clear Dennis.

I think I used the embed code rather than the share code when I tried it.

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on November 27, 2014, 01:17:19 PM
I think I used the embed code rather than the share code when I tried it.

The embed code is typically for use on your website where you have control over what gets posted to the pages.  Most of the forum software won't allow the embed code because it's far too easy to embed something malicious.....

I hang-out on several forums and I think they all handle YouTube video in a different way!!!  It can be a real PITA to post a video.

Dennis