• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

Olympus cameras

Started by Mugwump, November 23, 2014, 04:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Anyone here have/use one???.....

I need to upgrade, but not spend a lot of change.... ;D

saw this one..

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/outlet/outlet-featured/sz-16-ihs-silver-reconditioned.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I always used a Nikon when I shot film but have had very good luck and enjoy using my Canon's now that I shoot digital.  I've been drooling over the Canon D10's on E-Bay ever since Ed mentioned how inexpensive they were.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 23, 2014, 05:44:51 PM
I always used a Nikon when I shot film but have had very good luck and enjoy using my Canon's now that I shoot digital.  I've been drooling over the Canon D10's on E-Bay ever since Ed mentioned how inexpensive they were.....

Dennis

this one??...

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=E3CNPSSX260HSK&ref=bizrate&omid=105&utm_source=Bizrate&utm_medium=CSE&utm_item=E3CNPSSX600HSK&CAWELAID=1515204086&gclid=CKGajZD4kcICFRAcaQodURIA3A
Jon

LizStreithorst

My first very good camera was a Cannon.  I loved it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2014, 06:19:43 PM

My first was a Fujica V2 35mm, circa mid 60's....still have it too.... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on November 23, 2014, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2014, 06:19:43 PM

My first was a Fujica V2 35mm, circa mid 60's....still have it too.... ;D

I still have an old Honeywell 100 strobe for it too...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Friends don't let friends shoot canikon.
Pentax K-5. Image stabilization on every single lens since it's in the body.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 23, 2014, 06:47:19 PM
Friends don't let friends shoot canikon.
Pentax K-5. Image stabilization on every single lens since it's in the body.

LOL.....'Camera wars'.....LOL....where's Ed???
Jon

ghonk

I have an Olympus,was only about $100 though,so nothing special.

EdKaz

QuoteI've been drooling over the Canon D10's on E-Bay ever since Ed mentioned how inexpensive they were....

Canon 10D.........not D10

If you are seriously looking that way, you might also consider their (at that time) next generation 20D for a few extra bucks.($40-50) the 20D(and its new style lens mount) would allow you to take advantage of Canons newer line of inexpensive yet great quality aps-c format  lenses..like the 18-55 and 55-250 which can also be found on the used market often for around $100-$150.

Besides Ebay, you might want to look on Craigs list.

There are also several well respected online camera places that sell GUARANTEED used cameras and lens's.................KEH Camera    and B&H Camera.   

QuoteLOL.....'Camera wars'.....LOL....where's Ed???

No fanboy or camera wars here.... I learned long ago A Camera is simply a BOX.......not much unlike a fishtank.....What comes OUT is determined by what you put IN.....there are NO miracle cams.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on November 24, 2014, 08:09:34 AM
QuoteI've been drooling over the Canon D10's on E-Bay ever since Ed mentioned how inexpensive they were....

Canon 10D.........not D10

If you are seriously looking that way, you might also consider their (at that time) next generation 20D for a few extra bucks.($40-50) the 20D(and its new style lens mount) would allow you to take advantage of Canons newer line of inexpensive yet great quality aps-c format  lenses..like the 18-55 and 55-250 which can also be found on the used market often for around $100-$150.

Besides Ebay, you might want to look on Craigs list.

There are also several well respected online camera places that sell GUARANTEED used cameras and lens's.................KEH Camera    and B&H Camera.   

QuoteLOL.....'Camera wars'.....LOL....where's Ed???

No fanboy or camera wars here.... I learned long ago A Camera is simply a BOX.......not much unlike a fishtank.....What comes OUT is determined by what you put IN.....there are NO miracle cams.

Ed, Does the 10D have an adequate lens on it for a clumsy pic taker like me???.....The price fits my retired budget... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

The 10D is a DSLR........changeable lenses that can be bought  from $50 to $20,000

Look up a Canon 28-135 IS ..........Image Stabilization for Us coffee drinkers and shakey handed.........used about $200 if set on a 10D

And again.......if you swing the extra $50 or so..........try to find a 20D to take advantage of the newer lens mounts and cheaper prices of the newer breed of lenses.

https://www.keh.com/207760/canon-20d-digital-camera-body-8-2-m-p
https://www.keh.com/360245/canon-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-stm-ef-s-mount-lens-for-aps-c-sensor-dslrs-58

$250 for both and youre good to go.......................cept movies

Lots of deal on craigs list usually, especially recently as camera makers just announced and put out new lines and folks are selling "old gear" cheap. I tried to look some up but seems someone hacked into craigs list and shut the whole thing down.

http://www.slashgear.com/craigslist-taken-offline-by-hacker-24357082/

EdKaz

Of course the other side of the coin...........todays "smart phones" I phone 5-6, Samsung Galaxy 4-5 do a pretty damn good job at picture takin and Movie makin too.

Besides with added capabilities (like ability to accept CC payments at swaps etc).you might want to consider stepping into the darkside like we recently did...........might find it advantageous in several ways while saving/making a few extra bucks in the process. ;)