• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

This may not be a good thing

Started by LizStreithorst, November 21, 2014, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have been totally addicted to oysters here lately.  I can't seem to get enough of them.  I understand that they are considered an aphrodisiac.  I sure hope it's not the case, otherwise I will soon be out of control and half the population will be in trouble ???
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Nope.  My age and the time of my last encounter make that impossible. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 21, 2014, 05:29:58 PM

I don't know Liz?????...could have been one of your 'loose' oyster moments????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

More oysters for dinner tonight ::)  I was drawn to the oysters at the County Market today, but pulled myself away.  I made myself buy some bone in pork chops which I can make all sorts of tasty meals from and the makings for red beans and rice.  What I really want is more oysters but I will hold off.  For Thanksgiving I will make a cornish game hen with oyster stuffing ;D

Mugwump

I haven't had oyster dressing since my Mom passed away....that is so good....enjoy...she also make a mean oyster soup....to die for...yum ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've been looking at oyster stew recipes.  Hell, I've been looking for every oyster recipe.  I've become obsessed so I know I have to lay off them for a while.  I'll be dreaming about the Cornish game hen with oyster stuffing until Thursday.

Mugwump

Patience Liz.....remember to make the extra pan too....for leftovers  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

You know I will.  A good stuffing is always the best part.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 22, 2014, 05:07:35 PM
You know I will.  A good stuffing is always the best part.

Not much gravy from a Cornish hen ya know??       ;D....cook a small turkey or Capon... ;D ;D ;D...think giblet gravy over that dressing... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've never cooked a cornish hen before.  I want to try it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 22, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
I've never cooked a cornish hen before.  I want to try it.

They're pretty good. You can stuff them with fruit, raisins, and nuts too.....big pan of oyster dressing on the side  ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

You forgot about us last weekend already
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 22, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

LOL...................oh boy, here we go......careful now... :D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 22, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

I did.  I forgot :-[  Blame it on the beer and the herb :D