• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Another bitch about shipping

Started by LizStreithorst, November 19, 2014, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I sent fish to Barb Monday.  They are alive, but everything that could have gone wrong went wrong except the quality of my packing, thank God.  Not a drop of water in the box.  Heat pack totally used up in less than 48 hrs and the box stone cold.  Then there is the service of the USPS which was totally screwed up.  Their tracking sucks!  My local post office people treat me like the queen!  They treated Barb (and Josh) like dirt.  I'd "go postal" if my people treated me like that.

Had to rant.  Sorry :-[

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I know our local folks are wonderful....they even share my concern when I expound about a shipment to them.......they *smile* & *nod*.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My local people phone me at 8 am when I have a box coming in, whether it's fish or not.  They must have my number on a post it note.  Unless the shipment is late I have them deliver to my shop at 10 am.  Even my Moselle Post office drives down the long dirt road and honks the horn if I have any old box of anything.  I think it might be a perc of living in BFN.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Will let you know here tomorrow morning how they look.  Good thing they got here today and not tomorrow, or I would have opened a box of ice with angels in it.  Good packing Liz, heat pack failed otherwise they would have been just perfect.  The water was about 60 deg. I estimate.  Maybe less.
Barb

Barb

Doing great this morning, would never know the rough time they had for 48 hrs.  Tough fish Liz!  They are happily joining in the group of 5 other large angels.  If they are going to get Ich from the cold, how long will the parasite take to show up?  Never had to wonder about this before. 
Barb

BallAquatics

Bump your tank temperature up a bit.  It has been found that Ich does not infect new fish at 29.4?C/85?F (Johnson, 1976), stops reproducing at 30?C/86?F (Dr. Nick St. Erne, DVM, pers. comm.), and dies at 32?C/89.5?F (Meyer, 1984).

Dennis