• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 219
Total: 220

Thoughts

Started by JC, November 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Thanks for the pics. That's how I was thinking of running my PVC. So when you are pumping water to your tanks you only have those valves open above the tanks you want to fill right?  What GPH pump are you using to fill your tanks?

LizStreithorst

That is correct.  The valves are all open except for the tanks that need RO.  I fill the tanks from the container that holds it with a hose and a sump pump.  I don't dare let my attention wander or I'll have a flood and GFI's tripping ;D 

I always buy my water moving pumps from AquaticEcoSystems.  These pumps aren't as cheap as a Wayne type pump, but they are close to soundless, have brushless motors and are built to last.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

Are those pumps fully submersible

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JC on December 07, 2014, 08:36:03 PM
Are those pumps fully submersible

Most certainly not!  You will absolute not get that kind of pumping power from any submersible pump that I know of.  Look at the pic.  They are hard plumbed in ::)

JC

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JC on December 07, 2014, 09:26:33 PM
Ah...ok

Actually you might find a submersible that can pump the same GPM, but it won't last.  I bought these pumps because they won't fail me and leave me in the lurch. Being left high and dry by equipment is not my cup of tea.  I always try to buy to best because when I've done otherwise I always end up wasting money and buying the best anyway.  Good quality stuff costs more but it costs more because it's worth more.

JC

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 07, 2014, 10:28:09 PM
Quote from: JC on December 07, 2014, 09:26:33 PM
Ah...ok

Actually you might find a submersible that can pump the same GPM, but it won't last.  I bought these pumps because they won't fail me and leave me in the lurch. Being left high and dry by equipment is not my cup of tea.  I always try to buy to best because when I've done otherwise I always end up wasting money and buying the best anyway.  Good quality stuff costs more but it costs more because it's worth more.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've been down that road where the cheap stuff lets you down and you're in a bind