• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251

Thoughts

Started by JC, November 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Yessir.  I've been doing it that way almost all my fish life.  I also use a pump for outgoing water.  An entire WC for around 1200 gallons of tanks takes about 35 minutes.  Doing the plumbing is fun to tell the truth.  I've done it with 3 different fish rooms and enjoyed it every time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2014, 10:01:09 PM
Yessir.  I've been doing it that way almost all my fish life.  I also use a pump for outgoing water.  An entire WC for around 1200 gallons of tanks takes about 35 minutes.  Doing the plumbing is fun to tell the truth.  I've done it with 3 different fish rooms and enjoyed it every time.

Awesome. Would you be able to post a video of how you have it set up or maybe some pics to give me some ideas?  I was looking at a 2100gpm utility pump at menards to use to pump the water into my tanks

BallAquatics

WOW!  That's some pump.  You need about a 6 inch pipe to move 2100 gpm.   ;)

Dennis

GeorgeG

I do the same as Liz. I have 3-325 gallon storage tanks and they are connected with PVC.

JC

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 05, 2014, 11:07:27 PM
WOW!  That's some pump.  You need about a 6 inch pipe to move 2100 gpm.   ;)

Dennis

Whoops I meant 2100gph haha

JC

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 06, 2014, 07:01:07 AM
I do the same as Liz. I have 3-325 gallon storage tanks and they are connected with PVC.

Can you post a video or some pics to help give me ideas?

LizStreithorst

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

JC

LizStreithorst

Here are the pics.  Ask me if you have questions.  I said that I have 1200 of tank space, not that I change 1200 gallons of water at a time.  I mostly do WC every day and I change about 400 gallons at a time.

Mugwump

How many gallons are those holding tanks??....How long to fill em up again???...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Once upon a time I had one pump with valves that would let in aged tap, RO, and pump out waste water.  This time around I use a sump pump for RO or rain water, one pump for aged tap, and another pump for discharge.  I use the hose in this pic for pump the old water out side via the hole in the wall.  I always suck out my outgoing water with a hose because I don't consider it a water change unless I vacuum all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

ilroost

Very nice set up you have there Liz

LizStreithorst

1000 liters.  About 300 gallons.  They are hard plumbed with 1/2" PVC for incoming water from a faucet outside another wall that was modified.  The containers have float valves that cut off the water flow when the containers are full.  All I have to do is turn a valve.  Would you like pics?

wsantia1

That is a very nice setup Liz. ;D ;D ;D Maybe one day for me. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I could have made it better with a little more work and thought, but it works well enough for me.