• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Thoughts

Started by JC, November 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

What's your thoughts on this jehmco product to change water?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on November 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

I think that's a rig for non-drilled system tanks????....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on November 18, 2014, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: JC on November 18, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

I think that's a rig for non-drilled system tanks????....

Yes from what I understand it's for non drilled tanks. You put it in your tank and attach a hose to the barbed end and start the siphon with a little handheld bulb and the water stops draining when it gets to the end of the PVC which you can set to any height

GraphicGr8s

You can build a better one yourself. I like this one myself

http://dramaticaquascapes.com/PVC_Overflow_11.html
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

I use an old end to a python rig.....the 2-3 ft piece with the big tube and on/off switch....it's hose thread too.....I can use my little transfer pump, and hand held remote..moving from tank to tank....I can use some heavy duty hand clamps and secure it too....setting the desired depth to go down too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Where is this on the Jehmco site? I thought it was for an overflow. My error. You can still build it better yourself. Plans abound on the interwebs.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 18, 2014, 10:18:03 AM
Where is this on the Jehmco site? I thought it was for an overflow. My error. You can still build it better yourself. Plans abound on the interwebs.

It is.........he's looking to multi-task it... ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

How do you clean the bottom of the tank then?

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 18, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

How do you clean them if they're drilled.....?
Jon

JC

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 18, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

I figured I could still use my gravel bac to suck up nasties on the bottom. That doesn't take but a minute anyways. My goal is to decrease the amount of time I'm spending doing water changes. I love keeping and breeding fish but I have a 3 and 5yr old I don't want to take time from. They always help me with water changes too haha

GraphicGr8s

Generally I just use the gravel vac to siphon into my buckets from the start.
In the fish house I use a smallish diameter rigid connected to flex into the bucket to clean the bottom. Most of the tanks there are bare bottom. The ones that have gravel are planted so I don't vac them at all.
Part I hate about the inside house tanks is filling with a bucket.  At least the fish house has the well inside and I just use a hose to refill.

My changes are done after the 5 year old goes to sleep.

At my last house I had bought this green house 50' or so and hooked it to a filter under the sink. It was designed to water house plants so I just repurposed. Can't find it anywhere any more. Going to try to use drip hose. No not the hose with all the emitters.

JC

I ordered a couple of these just to see how they work and I love them!!  I emptied half of these sizes of tanks: 37,75,40B,and 60tall in 20 minutes!  Now I've been sitting here for 30min filling  :(. I have plans to plumb PVC from my stock tank to my tanks and control them with turn valves to fill multiple tanks at once. Anyone doing this at the moment?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on December 05, 2014, 01:58:22 PM
I ordered a couple of these just to see how they work and I love them!!  I emptied half of these sizes of tanks: 37,75,40B,and 60tall in 20 minutes!  Now I've been sitting here for 30min filling  :(. I have plans to plumb PVC from my stock tank to my tanks and control them with turn valves to fill multiple tanks at once. Anyone doing this at the moment?

It's under great consideration.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2014, 03:32:56 PM
Me.

You pump water from your water tank through PVC to your tanks and have control valves??