• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Cories Spawned

Started by b125killer, November 18, 2014, 09:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I'm not sure if Jon remembers, But I got a some of his cory fry a few years ago. They have been in the 55 planted tank as long as I have had them. They don't come out of the foliage much. and I don't really know how many are in there. They were going nuts this morning. shooting all over the tank, As I was watching them and wondering what they were doing. I noticed a small amount of eggs on the leaf of the crypt. I was watching them as she was placing her eggs all over the tank. This was a happy surprise.

I'm sure that snail is already eating the eggs. By the way if you were ever wondering what soft water does to snails. It turns them white and makes there shell brittle. not so good for the snail but the loaches love it. They pop a hole in the top of the shell and suck the snail out.   
Scott

Mugwump

You can gently roll them off and hatch them in a small container...if they turn fuzzy after a bit, don't worry, there's fry in there most times.... ;D....and boy are they tiny........and quick too...LOL...they'll eat micro worms, and fine crushed foods like 'egg foo yung'....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'm not in too much of a hurry to start on a cory spawn. I just pulled another spawn from the Koi pair. They spawned last night with fry still swimming all around them. Not to sure I want to keep there latest spawn. I already have more fish than I know what to do with. On the plus side I did get my second pump set up for water changes. No more buckets for this guy ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 18, 2014, 09:31:27 AM
I'm not in too much of a hurry to start on a cory spawn. I just pulled another spawn from the Koi pair. They spawned last night with fry still swimming all around them. Not to sure I want to keep there latest spawn. I already have more fish than I know what to do with. On the plus side I did get my second pump set up for water changes. No more buckets for this guy ;D

LOL..'bout time, bro..... ;D.....you'll love it....vroom vroom.....now find that remote switch....Farm & Fleet have them...used to turn outdoor Xmas lights off/on....about $10???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson