• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 323
Total: 324

Xena caught her a house mouse

Started by LizStreithorst, November 16, 2014, 06:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My vicious hunter has been catching them outside every few days since it turned cold.  She always leaves them outside the fish room door for me.

I figured I had one in here after seeing her posted for 5 evenings straight waiting and watching under the cabinets in the kitchen.  Killing little mousies isn't my favorite thing so I decided to give her a shot at it first.  Tadda!!!!!!  This afternoon she played with her dead toy all over the house.  I'll have to toss it outside before I turn in.  Otherwise I may wake up with it on the bed (it happened once.  Big ole mouse was all flat.  A dog must have slept on top of it ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Cool, nothing like a mouser.......one our past cats, 'Dinger' used to catch them in the basement of the old house we were living in at the time......she'd bring em up, and give them to Jan....alive....then's she proceed to release, and re-catch them..over and over until they died......gross... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not as gross as when I caught one in a trap in my silverware drawer with her little babies attached to her dead titties.  I threw the little babies and the dead mother outside but I new damn well that the babies wouldn't stand a chance.  I'd rather Xena the Magnificent do my dirty work for me.

Barb

I wish I hadn't read this just before bed,  now I am going to have a nightmare for sure.
Barb

Bushkill

My mouser is pretty well past his prime at 15 and counting. When he was ruling the garden, he decimated the chipmunk population, had squirrels shaking in their fur and kept every bird on their toes. He'd eat frogs and snakes for dessert.

He definitely has lost his edge. A few weeks ago he caught a mouse and scarfed it down. Apparently, he was in a hurry and swallowed it whole. It came up the next morning looking like a "mouse bullet".

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on November 17, 2014, 11:53:59 AM
My mouser is pretty well past his prime at 15 and counting. When he was ruling the garden, he decimated the chipmunk population, had squirrels shaking in their fur and kept every bird on their toes. He'd eat frogs and snakes for dessert.

He definitely has lost his edge. A few weeks ago he caught a mouse and scarfed it down. Apparently, he was in a hurry and swallowed it whole. It came up the next morning looking like a "mouse bullet".

LOL,,,we had an old 'blue heeler' gal ( Wiggles ) that ate a whole nest of baby rabbits (after digesting the doe).....and she 'Ralphed' up too....she ate em whole, and they emerged in the same condition.....except a bit digested....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'll spare you all the details of what happened when our German Shorthair Pointer ate a dead newborn piglet. The farmer next door managed to include it in the manure spreader that he ran in the field that was adjacent to our horse pasture.  :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Oh boy, more nightmares for me tonight.  Last night I did dream something about a mouse, but I forgot what it was about when I woke up.
Barb

LizStreithorst

The one with the dead newborn pig would have won the prize had this been a contest.  Between you and me Pauline, I'd love to hear the details.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2014, 06:50:05 PM
The one with the dead newborn pig would have won the prize had this been a contest.  Between you and me Pauline, I'd love to hear the details.

That bit of farmers revenge caught my pique too.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2014, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2014, 06:50:05 PM

That bit of farmers revenge caught my pique too.... ;D

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Barb...warning, do not read this.

Badger, our GSP, was outdoors and I noticed him hanging around where our property and the farmer's property met. I called for Badger to get back here and I let him in the house. He ran into the dining room, a horrid odor wafting all around him. I immediately  yelled for him to get back outdoors..he looked at me then barfed. Up came a tiny piglet and tons of maggots!

My husband was at work so clean up was my responsibility. I was gagging, crying, scrubbing and trying to capture errant maggots.  They were actually burrowing into the carpet. While I didn't need to know this, maggots are extremely hardy and have a huge will to live.

Now I hope I don't have nightmares.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Yes Pauline that would win the contest. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2014, 08:07:32 PM
Yes Pauline that would win the contest. 8)

""I was gagging, crying, scrubbing and trying to capture errant maggots.""

the winning phrase for sure....LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
Jon

Ron Sower

That even grosses this old biologist out!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron