• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Ron....

Started by Mugwump, December 14, 2012, 06:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Anyone heard how Ron and family are getting along? I hope that all's coming back together for them.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I haven't heard from him in some time. I kind of miss him.
Scott

P4Angels

Ron and his wife are still getting bids on fixing up there house.   The good news is they bought another house.  :)   and close on it some time this week or next..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Glad to hear that things are getting better for them....but..moving fish tanks isn't fun.. :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hey!  Thanks for asking about us.  It's nice to be missed!  Especially by you guys on this forum!  Thanks Aron for keeping the group updated.

So here's what's going on.  One of the neighbors we hardly knew invited us to stay in her home til we got resettled.  It is a really comfortable place and we each have our own living spaces and a common area kitchen.  The lady is a really especially nice person and is comfortable to be around.  Linda and I both like her.

The burned house is smoke covered inside.  All the contents, except aquaria, have been removed and taken to Service Master for thorough cleaning.   It will take another couple-three weeks to get the contents back.  The cleaners will start Tuesday to clean all interior surfaces of the house.  Meanwhile we bought another home in the same community with our insurance money.  It should close Monday.  We will have some renovations of walls and flooring done by contractors before we move in.  Walls before Christmas and floors after!

I've listed the old house for an as-is sale on CL and if there are no interested parties by Monday night, we will team up with a contractor and rehab it for sale.

Fish and aquaria.....   I sold all my Af Cichs last night.  They were in the 100g. The tank and the armoire in which it sits are now for sale and I have an interested buyer coming to see it tonight.  He's one of our club members and I think we can make arrangements to suit us both.  Once this setup is sold, my moving job will be 100x easier!  6 nanos and a 54g corner tank!

The biggest concern is timing everything.  But life will go on no matter how it works out and I'm just happy to be here.  We are really having a good time with the friends we have here and Christmas will be great!

So if you don't see me on here for another little while, it's not because I don't want to be; it's because I'm trying to bring several ropes together and tying off the ends.  At the end of each day, i'm just totally exhausted.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannakah to all of you out there in Mugwumpland!

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to keep us updated. I'm glad that all's falling in place. Does the new house have room for more tanks....LOL...thought I'd ask the important question first....LOL....you know for a 12 pack, Aron's a master tank stand maker... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

A very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you and your family as well Ron!  It's great to hear things are coming together.

Dennis

b125killer

I'm so happy that things are coming together for you guys.  Thanks for up dating us.
Scott

Ron Sower

Just a quick moment here, as we are going to make a quick run to the new house and get back in time to watch the 'Hawks win today!

The fellow and family stopped today to see the 100g setup yesterday and took measurements.  Turns out it's 6'' too tall for his home. 

Have a happy Sunday everyone.
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Is this the tank in the armoire?  If it is, you shouldn't sell it.  A tank in an armoire is too cool to part with.  Find a place for it in the new house.
Always move forward. Never look back.