• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Shipping

Started by LizStreithorst, November 12, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

How do I hate it?  Let me count the ways...
1.  It is not dependable
2.  Once a box is out of my hands, the result is out of my hands.
3.  There is no sure way to prevent disaster no matter what carrier you use.  I've even had them loose     fish shipping airport to airport! 
4.  The box that is late is always the most important one.
5.  The same as 1.
6.  Same as number 2.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

What happened?  I will be so nervous when you send me angels next week.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It was just a general rant, Barb.  Actually, I've been lucky so far as far as live arrival.  My Captain just emailed me that his fish arrived on time.  Only 2 out of over 50 didn't make it.  He said that his box was trashed.  The side was knocked out of it and taped.  It even broke the styro, and he's in in WI, where it's too cold to live.  Thank God for 5 heat packs and hardy fish.

Don't worry about yours.  If disaster strikes I will send more.  Making your self believe that they're "just fish" makes it easier.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 12, 2014, 04:31:07 PM
It was just a general rant, Barb.  Actually, I've been lucky so far as far as live arrival.  My Captain just emailed me that his fish arrived on time.  Only 2 out of over 50 didn't make it.  He said that his box was trashed.  The side was knocked out of it and taped.  It even broke the styro, and he's in in WI, where it's too cold to live.  Thank God for 5 heat packs and hardy fish.

Don't worry about yours.  If disaster strikes I will send more.  Making your self believe that they're "just fish" makes it easier.

Alas, they're never 'just fish'.....are they?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 12, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

For me, it's more not disappointing the new owner.  Fish, at least the ones I have can always be replaced.  I can make myself hard hearted about the fish.

My last box didn't have a great outcome.  Half the fish died enroute.  It was my fault.  Not the fault of the USPS.  It was the most important box, of course ::)  The poor guy must have hated having to tell me.  I'll make it up to him.  I have more.  I might even throw in one or two that are turned.  Why not?  After all, they're just fish ;D

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 12, 2014, 04:53:13 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 12, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

Your shipment to me arrived perfectly. I received them at 10 am on a Friday by USPS.  ;D ;D ;D

For me, it's more not disappointing the new owner.  Fish, at least the ones I have can always be replaced.  I can make myself hard hearted about the fish.

My last box didn't have a great outcome.  Half the fish died enroute.  It was my fault.  Not the fault of the USPS.  It was the most important box, of course ::)  The poor guy must have hated having to tell me.  I'll make it up to him.  I have more.  I might even throw in one or two that are turned.  Why not?  After all, they're just fish ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Guess what?  It was not 100% my fault after all.  The seam ripped from the side of the bag.  I learned a lesson the hard way.  I don't care how thick my bags are, I will double bag.  If I had it would have saved the fish and everyone would have felt good.

Rjb3

The fish are hearty and beautiful. The have to be tough to survive the Ace Ventura delivery people that crushed the box.