• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Dang it, a leaker...

Started by Mugwump, November 09, 2014, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a 20 gal is dribbling a bit....it'll get swapped out this morning....blah...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Swapped it out...bottom seal was loose/gone....I popped another 20H in there, looks good...it's a $20 PetCo tank... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Bushkill

Those Tetra tanks bow like a swan's neck, but for the money I don't complain much.

There's a smaller pet chain called Pet Supplies Plus that runs a $/G sale too and they sell Aqueons, but they are franchised. So some are big some are small and they certainly aren't in every strip mall in the country.

wsantia1

Quote from: Bushkill on November 09, 2014, 07:06:42 PM
Those Tetra tanks bow like a swan's neck, but for the money I don't complain much.

There's a smaller pet chain called Pet Supplies Plus that runs a $/G sale too and they sell Aqueons, but they are franchised. So some are big some are small and they certainly aren't in every strip mall in the country.

There's a pet supplies plus by me and I love them.  During the last $gallon sale they ordered some extra 55g Aqueons for me and held them for me. They have good discounts on other pet supplies too. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

nope...it's an Aqueon tank....got it while back when they were the closeouts... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think a 20H would bow much anyway...too short a span....
Jon

b125killer

I heard that Pet Supplies did the sale up to 75 gallons. Not to sure there isn't one close to me. I haven't got a tank from petco since they switched brands. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 09, 2014, 07:36:55 PM
I heard that Pet Supplies did the sale up to 75 gallons. Not to sure there isn't one close to me. I haven't got a tank from petco since they switched brands.

If you find one up there, let me know..... ;D....
Jon

Bushkill

Quote from: Mugwump on November 09, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

nope...it's an Aqueon tank....got it while back when they were the closeouts... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The 29G's sure do. I cut some glass tops for a couple a while back and measured at the tank ends. The tanks are place with the short end as the viewing panel, so the covers aren't like the conventional versa tops. When I put the glass down on the rim at the back end lowered to the middle, both me and the fish got pretty ticked when the slab of 1/4" glass fell in. They bow a full 1/4" at the middle.

wsantia1

Quote from: Bushkill on November 09, 2014, 08:23:43 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 09, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

The 29G's sure do. I cut some glass tops for a couple a while back and measured at the tank ends. The tanks are place with the short end as the viewing panel, so the covers aren't like the conventional versa tops. When I put the glass down on the rim at the back end lowered to the middle, both me and the fish got pretty ticked when the slab of 1/4" glass fell in. They bow a full 1/4" at the middle.

The 20H don't seem to bow. I have two in place.  I have a 40b that is not bowing either but it has a center brace on the bottom. Thankfully I found Pet Supplies Plus before I bought anymore tetra tanks.
Willie

Bushkill

Like Jon said, the 20H's are too short to bow much, but every so often I look down the front of those 29G's and just shake my head.

PaulineMi

Late to this thread but......came home from a four day trip Monday night, went to check on my fish and the first thing I saw was a big stream of water on the floor. The $10, ten gallon Tetra tank cracked from top to bottom on the front pane of glass. Luckily only about 1/3 of the water had drained out of the tank, no casualties. Whew.

BTW...the tank was on a perfectly level surface and had been running for a little more than a month.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 13, 2014, 04:52:46 PM
Late to this thread but......came home from a four day trip Monday night, went to check on my fish and the first thing I saw was a big stream of water on the floor. The $10, ten gallon Tetra tank cracked from top to bottom on the front pane of glass. Luckily only about 1/3 of the water had drained out of the tank, no casualties. Whew.

BTW...the tank was on a perfectly level surface and had been running for a little more than a month.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse and your fish survived.  Now I'm worried about the 2 Tetra tanks (20H, 40B) that i have set up. ??? :o
Willie

LizStreithorst

Everyone says that those Tetra tanks are garbage.  Thank God you had no losses.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks. What I dreaded seeing was a dead discus laying on the bottom of the tank. He was being bullied and started looking punky so I pulled him, did daily water changes and kept him under observation. He's doing fine, begging for food when he sees me. My stomach turned seeing water on the floor. What a relief seeing him begging when I approached the tank.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 13, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
Thanks. What I dreaded seeing was a dead discus laying on the bottom of the tank. He was being bullied and started looking punky so I pulled him, did daily water changes and kept him under observation. He's doing fine, begging for food when he sees me. My stomach turned seeing water on the floor. What a relief seeing him begging when I approached the tank.

Whew.... ;D   
Jon