• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 275
Total: 277

I'm making .....

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2014, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

........spaghetti sauce right now.....MmMmmmmm...smells wonderful....I'm off to get some bread to go with it... ;D....perhaps a small salad will go well with it too.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Stuffed cabbage tonight with BBQ pork chops and chicken breast. BTW opening a bottle of Ragu does not constitute making gravy.  ;)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

We'll have chili and hot dogs at the game house today.  Of ccourse there will be chips and so much more tempting "appetizers" of which one could make a meal in itself! And I keep trying to drop some #'s!

You guys have a good one. I'll check in after the games.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 02, 2014, 01:18:59 PM
Stuffed cabbage tonight with BBQ pork chops and chicken breast. BTW opening a bottle of Ragu does not constitute making gravy.  ;)

I don't use any Ragu, sir.....so quit guessing....fact is, I'm quite a capable cook....so there.... ;D...while we do bake bread, tonight it's from the bakery... ;D...as is the peach pie...MMMmmmm.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Granddaughter is here making her home made pizza. Just love it.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

I'm making this meat loaf.  The recipe sounded good.  I've never been a fan of balsamic vinegar.  I decided it might be because I was buying cheap crap.  This time I splurged on this stuff that has been aged for 20 years.  I tasted it and the flavor is to die for.  .  OMG, what I have been missing out on all these years.  I'm also using Kraft Aged Reserve Cheddar.  Don't laugh about it being Kraft.  The cheese is superb.

Ingredients

1 large garlic clove
1/2 cup cubed (about 1/4-inch cubes) whole-wheat baguette, or other whole-grain chewy bread
1/4 cup dry red or white wine
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 large fresh basil leaves, torn
1 slice bacon, minced
1/2 cup (1-1/2 to 2 ounces) shredded Asiago or extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/4 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 large whole scallions, thinly sliced
1 large egg yolk
1 pound ground 85% beef chuck
1/2 cup dry red or white wine
Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350?F. Have a 9-inch square cake pan handy.

2. Turn on a food processor and drop in the garlic. Then drop in the bread cubes and process until pieces are a quarter the size of a pea. Scrape everything into a large bowl and moisten the crumbs with the wine. Let wine soak into the bread while you prep the rest of the ingredients.

3. Completely blend in all the remaining ingredients except the meat. Then work in the meat with a spoon until everything is thoroughly mixed. Turn the mixture into the pan and shape into a plump loaf.

4. Bake the meatloaf 20 minutes and pour the 1/2 cup of wine over it. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan juices, or until an instant reading thermometer inserted into the meat loaf?s center reads 160?F. Remove the meatloaf from the oven; let it rest about 15 minutes, then slice for serving.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We're big meat loaf fan's too....there's one where you roll biscuit dough out...cover in chopped green onions, then a good extra sharp cheddar....we've used Kraft's too....all we do is season the meat with salt/pepper. Mrs Grass's onion soup (dry), add an egg, and bread crumbs, can of tomato sauce.....spread meat mixed up over the other ingredients, an roll it up...pinch ends loosely....and bake.......it's pretty yummy, but we haven't had it in a bit....HHMMmmmm....you can make gravy from the drippings and pour over the sliced meat loaf too....my favorite  ;D....especially if you roast potatoes around it.... ;D

your recipe sounds outstanding !!....enjoy  ;D
Jon

Rjb3

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

You must try this.  I've never had such a wonderful meat loaf.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The spaghetti was wonderful, plenty of 'mop up' bread too...stuffed...............however, I did find room for an over sized slice of peach pie.. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Jon

Rjb3

We went out with friends to an all you can eat place that serves: Boiled fish, Barbecue chicken, and ribs.  Mmmmm.

Mugwump

....I like those places too..... ;D
Jon

Bushkill

Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2014, 02:03:08 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 02, 2014, 01:18:59 PM

I don't use any Ragu, sir.....so quit guessing....fact is, I'm quite a capable cook....so there.... ;D...while we do bake bread, tonight it's from the bakery... ;D...as is the peach pie...MMMmmmm.....

When Daughter #1 comes home for Thanksgiving, I'll send her back to DeKalb with a nice loaf of Semolina Bread for ya!

Mugwump

..it's been a long time since I've eaten Semolina Bread..... ;D.....makes great toast too.. ;D
Jon