• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 280
Total: 280

YES !!!!!!!

Started by Mugwump, October 29, 2014, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Joe Madden hired as the Cub's new manager !!!!..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That's great new for the Cubs. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I heard that on NPR.  Good.  I don't care about sports but the Cubbies have a little place in my heart. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Now that the free agent market is open, will/can the Cubs get Lester ???.....or maybe a young arm like Andrew Miller.....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

I hear tell they are trying to land Lester and Russell Martin
I think the Cardinals are looking to get Miller

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 07, 2014, 08:50:11 PM
I hear tell they are trying to land Lester and Russell Martin
I think the Cardinals are looking to get Miller

I saw that too.....Both Martin and Lester are big plus's..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Miller's an up and comer....if they throw him in bull pen they'll have time to work with you guy with a live arm.....future starter for sure...
Jon

Mugwump

Now it looks like the Dodgers want Martin back....huh??
Jon

ilroost

Cards need help big time in right field! But like every year i don't see them going after a big time free agent.
Cubs really need a guy like Martin.The experience with all the young guy's would be great to have

Mugwump

Yes they do need Martin....looks like Zimmerman's a no go....rats
Jon

Bushkill

Lester goes to Atlanta. Bosox will throw a number at him, but he lives in the Atlanta area now so I;m betting he goes there for equal $. Too many changes in Beantown for it to pull him back there.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on November 20, 2014, 02:37:15 PM
Lester goes to Atlanta. Bosox will throw a number at him, but he lives in the Atlanta area now so I;m betting he goes there for equal $. Too many changes in Beantown for it to pull him back there.

Agreed, Lester will follow the $$$'s....in his home town?...all the better.....I'm wondering if Theo will throw even more bucks at him..or go for Scherzer.....
Jon

ilroost

Cards traded Shelby Miller,and now on their web site it say's they are getting in the bidding war for Lester

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 20, 2014, 08:13:22 PM
Cards traded Shelby Miller,and now on their web site it say's they are getting in the bidding war for Lester

Cub's have deep pockets right now....we'll see how bad they want him??...Lester's 30 now and wants a 7 year deal....huh?.....his wing will fall off by then.... ;D
Jon

Bushkill

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2014, 03:27:28 PM

Agreed, Lester will follow the $$$'s....in his home town?...all the better.....I'm wondering if Theo will throw even more bucks at him..or go for Scherzer.....

I'd go after Scherzer. They'll all ask for a lot of years, but I think he's got better command of more pitches than Lester which makes him better suited to deal with a loss of velocity as he gets older. Lester has too many KFC buckets under his belt and is just due for a big-time breakdown. Lester reminds me more and more of Clemens (physically) on the mound.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on November 21, 2014, 08:16:41 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2014, 03:27:28 PM

I'd go after Scherzer. They'll all ask for a lot of years, but I think he's got better command of more pitches than Lester which makes him better suited to deal with a loss of velocity as he gets older. Lester has too many KFC buckets under his belt and is just due for a big-time breakdown. Lester reminds me more and more of Clemens (physically) on the mound.

LOL...the Cubs years ago had Rick/Paul Reuschel ...LOL...we referred to them as 'fatty #1' and 'fatty #2'........LOL
Jon