• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

If it's not pouring rain tomorrow.....

Started by Ron Sower, October 28, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I'm going to a nearby lake for some more trout fishing with my donut buddies. This time from the bank.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Put some of those on the grill as soon as you get home. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 28, 2014, 01:20:56 PM

MMmmm....smoke em....yum......but fried will do too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

I will do them on the grill tomorrow, but will make a caper sauce of some sort for them. I like a lemon juice, butter, capers, and dill weed concoction.

Anyone have any other sauces you like for trout?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 28, 2014, 03:25:50 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

I will do them on the grill tomorrow, but will make a caper sauce of some sort for them. I like a lemon juice, butter, capers, and dill weed concoction.

Anyone have any other sauces you like for trout?

Why catsup, of course...LOL........JK'n....squeezed lemon is perfect
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

;D ;D ;D  You sound like my dear, departed, ol' Dad!  ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 28, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

Hey, I resemble that.. ;D..catsup's good on anything...from potato chip sandwiches to scrambled eggs... ;D...wish I had a nickel for every time my Mom would threaten to feed us bread & Catsup for dinner....LOL  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 28, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 28, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

Hey, I resemble that.. ;D..catsup's good on anything...from potato chip sandwiches to scrambled eggs... ;D...wish I had a nickel for every time my Mom would threaten to feed us bread & Catsup for dinner....LOL  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

greydragon

my dad loves catsup on everything even vanilla ice cream

Mugwump

I might have to draw the line at ice cream....LOL...
Jon

Ron Sower

Okay....I'll bring this thread back to fishing for a moment.

Today was the only clear day forecast for the next 6 or so. We went to one lake and fished from the public pier. Starting out there were just a few ppl there - maybe 4 plus we 2. They were catching fish all around us, but we only had a couple bumps and strikes. Then more and more ppl started coming and I told Gary that it was getting too crowded and I didn't want to catch someone's hook in my ear from a backcast.

So we went to another lake nearby and my day was made....!  There was only one younger man with both his 2 year old boys. Each boy had caught one. I told him how good it made me feel to see a Dad getting his kids started young like that. He really showed a lot of patience with the boys. They actually were leaving and Gary and I fished for another hour, each of us catching 1 trout which we didn't keep.

It was a good morning!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 29, 2014, 04:32:40 PM
It was a good morning!

..any morning fishing is a good morning  ;D   We used to take the boys on breakfast picnics, and fishing, whatever.....I took the little grill along with a pan for the eggs/bacon, toast made on the grill, and had a cooler with OJ, and a thermos of hot coffee......good times ;D....sometimes we'd go to this big pond and watch the folks run their remote control power boats.. ;D...they had some beaut's out there..everything from hydro-planes to full functioning fire boats and battleships... ;D
Jon