• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:53:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

System Air pumps

Started by Mugwump, October 25, 2014, 09:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

OK....I use a PondMaster pump at the moment, with a Jehmco 80 for a backup.....I run 5/8" clear vinyl tube to a series of 12 valve gang logs.....plus I run single air lines to 3way/4way gang valves where needed. I have plenty of air, and using the clear tubing makes it very versatile for adding tanks, or reconfiguring the room setup. I prefer it to PVC as it's an easy setup and , as said, is more easily manipulated if necessary.....plus, it doesn't need to be 'looped' together...
Here's the pump....and 'T'....and pics showing some of the 12 valve gang logs...plus my Jehmco secondary unit.....questions??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..cont...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..cont..

Jon

Mugwump

Jehmco pump, showing connection nipple.....

Jon

JC

Ok I see now. I guess I was confused because I thought you couldn't put your 5/8 line on both ends keeping it going. Well that setup would be perfect for me. I would only need 2 or 3 of the logs. How did you get that T attachment for your pump?  Is the jehmco pump quiet?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on October 25, 2014, 09:41:48 AM
Ok I see now. I guess I was confused because I thought you couldn't put your 5/8 line on both ends keeping it going. Well that setup would be perfect for me. I would only need 2 or 3 of the logs. How did you get that T attachment for your pump?  Is the jehmco pump quiet?

The 'T' fitting usually comes with the pump, and yes, the Jehmco pump is very quiet.....if you order from them, ask  'John' if you need anything else....
...the tube will terminate at the last log, they have a plugged end....

I think you will like it because as you grow a little...you can remove an end log plug and continue on..... ;D......as I mentioned, I run single line from one valve on the log and simply attach a 3/4 way gang switch....I run my bbs farm, and a couple sponges for a 55 off of it....lots of air  ;D

sketch it out on paper first to get an idea....
Jon

BallAquatics

What model is your Pondmaster Jon?  Danner sells these under several different names, Pond Master, Supreme, Danner, etc.

I run the Danner AP-100 and couldn't be happier.  Super quiet and super powerful.  Best thing is you can rebuild it for about $10.00

Dennis

JC

How many sponges are you running off your pump Dennis?

Mugwump

Dennis, my PondMaster is an AP-60....5.66 psi.....I even have a rebuild kit  ;D.....I'm running heaven knows how many outlets off it now...around 90+-100+ ? give or take, and it doesn't even burp....LOL...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: JC on October 25, 2014, 01:18:37 PM
How many sponges are you running off your pump Dennis?

Over 100.  It's rated for over 150 drops.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Wow, that's a powerful pump.  I have a Jhemco 60 and I love it.  If it fails, I'm up the creak.  I don't have an acceptable back up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I use the Alita AL-40. it's been a great pump but I would be in the same creak as Liz if it fails.
Scott

BallAquatics

wsantia1

I have an Alita-60 on the shelf waiting to be put into service.???  For now my needs are minimal so I am using an Alita-15. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

My biggest problem with the Alita pumps is that I believe they use deceptive advertising.  They call them "Linear Air Pumps", but if you look at the rebuild kit, they are clearly diaphragm pumps.

To each his own though.  They are fine pumps and I know many fish keepers that swear by them.

Dennis