• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

What Would They Produce

Started by PaulineMi, October 20, 2014, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I can't get the calculator to work on my tablet. My snakeskin plat and blue smokey angels are spawning on the filter uptake in their community tank. They're both veils. This is the first time in over a year that the plat, who turned out to be a male, showed any interest in spawning.

What would these two produce?  They're pretty angels. I may put them in their own tank even though I'm fighting the temptation.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 20, 2014, 08:27:23 PM
I can't get the calculator to work on my tablet. My snakeskin plat and blue smokey angels are spawning on the filter uptake in their community tank. They're both veils. This is the first time in over a year that the plat, who turned out to be a male, showed any interest in spawning.

What would these two produce?  They're pretty angels. I may put them in their own tank even though I'm fighting the temptation.

12.5%   +/g - pb/pb - V/V - Blue Silver Super Veil
25.0%   +/g - pb/pb - V/+ - Blue Silver Veil
25.0%   Sm/+ - +/g - pb/pb - V/+ - Blue Smokey Veil
12.5%   Sm/+ - +/g - pb/pb - V/V - Blue Smokey Super Veil
12.5%   +/g - pb/pb - Blue Silver
12.5%   Sm/+ - +/g - pb/pb - Blue Smokey
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

So, all this talk of breeding has you turned on, huh? :P  It's about time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thank you Jon.

Not necessarily Liz. I raised a spawn in the past and it was very difficult to find homes for them. Inquiries would end with "Oh, you live too far away" even when the angels were free.

Our "local" LFS , 30 miles south of me, breeds their own angels...blues, pearlscales, PBs, etc. People can chose from a nice selection there. They used to take my cichlids for store credit. Another store north of here has stock from David including Dantums.

I'm not comfortable using Craigslist but may go that route and perhaps meet buyers in town. Clubs holding sales are in the Detroit area...an over 100 mile trip which is hardly worth it for a small quantity of fish.

All this is why I mull it over and over and over...... ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

Aquabid might become your best friend ;) ;) ;)

PaulineMi

I've never shipped....

The eggs are still being tended, none are white. Mornings don't fool me anymore. Most often they're gone by noon. 

LizStreithorst

Everyone who ships had never shipped before at some point.  The more you do it the less stressful it becomes.