• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 265
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 301
Total: 301

Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits

Started by Mugwump, October 06, 2014, 02:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

8-count biscuits
1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced (any leftover chicken works)
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
2/3 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. frozen veggies, thawed (I used 1 c. corn, peas and carrots & 1/2 c. broccoli)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon of minced onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions

*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook the chicken however you like, then cut into small pieces

Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of a lightly greased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, veggies, cheddar cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.

Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.

Read more at http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/entree-chicken/chicken-pot-pie-biscuits-1/#ckjtpYm6cShkaGYH.99
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Those look fun to make as well as tasty!  I am going to try these soon.
Barb

LizStreithorst

They put the hot wings I'm making to shame, but what's up with the reduced fat this and the low fat the other?  I'm into flavor.  I refuse to use tasteless low fat ingredients.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2014, 03:58:22 PM
They put the hot wings I'm making to shame, but what's up with the reduced fat this and the low fat the other?  I'm into flavor.  I refuse to use tasteless low fat ingredients.

I totally agree Liz....it's gotta have some fats for better flavor....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I made these for dinner awhile ago. They were just as good as the picture makes them look.  Will definitely keep and use this recipe.  Try it everyone!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 15, 2014, 05:53:27 PM
I made these for dinner awhile ago. They were just as good as the picture makes them look.  Will definitely keep and use this recipe.  Try it everyone!
Barb

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll do it tomorrow.  It sure does look good, and it's easy.  I don't own a muffin pan.  I've never cooked a muffing in my life!  But I've seen them for sale at the local grocery store.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 15, 2014, 06:43:11 PM
I'll do it tomorrow.  It sure does look good, and it's easy.  I don't own a muffin pan.  I've never cooked a muffing in my life!  But I've seen them for sale at the local grocery store.

You can used canned biscuits instead........quick/easy....boomba!!!!!
Jon