• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 305
Total: 306

Jon's Giant Angels

Started by PaulineMi, July 10, 2014, 05:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

One year later and still growing. This is what they're up to today.

This boy is about the size of the palm of my hand:

The big boy and his girlfriend:

His size compared to hers:
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Great pics, Pauline.....I really love those straight, and erect, fins.......got some pea+ coming along now... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.... this time I might save a couple of the golds that are popping out too... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

There pretty angels Pauline. I still have my fry from my pair. There starting to get some stripes. I haven't got any golds from my pair. Most of them turn out to be carbon copies of the parents. 
Scott

PaulineMi

Amazingly they're still tending the eggs!  It's only going on 24 hours but all eggs are still there with just 2 white ones.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Barb

How beautiful they are Pauline!  Will you be raising a spawn of them?
Barb

PaulineMi

Eggs are gone this morning.

Barb, I run hot and cold on raising spawns.  I live far from a-fish-iandos and one of the top LFS in the state breeds their own angels . They're a good 30 miles closer to populated areas. They have a lot of nice angels; plats, half blacks, pearlscales... even what they show as scalare/altum crosses.   :o  The last spawns I raised were difficult to even give away...I'd hear "you live so far away".

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

phorty

Jon, what variety are these guys?  They look fantastic!

PaulineMi

These are my Rio Negro/Sta Isabel angels from Jon.  He may be raising some of this type of fry now.

phorty

Excellent, thank you for the info.  He does have some of these now, I'm planning on picking up a few.

Mugwump

Quote from: phorty on October 15, 2014, 02:14:11 PM
Excellent, thank you for the info.  He does have some of these now, I'm planning on picking up a few.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D........Yup, see ya tonight....
Jon