• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

Tis the seaon to be jolly..

Started by Mugwump, December 09, 2012, 08:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

fa la la la....la la la laaaaaa......I like this time of year.....ho ho ho.....we're having the 'cast of thousands' over for Christmas eve day eats,etc.....fun day...and fun when they all leave too...LOL...it poops us old timers out...
So what's on everyone's agenda for the holidays.....anyone wish for another fish tank??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I always wish for another fish tank. I want a cube tank that's at the pet store. I think Santa will shoot me if I get another tank. But then again I thought that before. Santa did get me a new light for my odd shaped 55. It's a duel 6500k t5. I'm hoping that I can bring back My amazon sword. The led I have on there now is slowly killing it.
Scott

Jo

I want a new tank also! I really thought I wanted a 125 until I saw it. It is so big! I just don't have room for anything that large.
I also feel Santa will shoot me. LOL!
Jo

Mugwump

Myself, I'd settle for another good Koi spawn. This pair is producing some very,very nice colors....the fruits of years of crossing almost paying off...getting close now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Well now that you mention it, I would love a spawn. Me thinks it's not gonna happen  :'(
Jo

Mugwump

Jon

PaulineMi

I want to be in that room you have in your post Jon.  Looks so cozy.

I picked up my Craigslist Christmas present from my husband today.  Here's what I got for $125:

75 gallon spotless tank
Beautiful black lacquer finished wooden cabinet stand
2 clean Penguin 350 filters
1 48" Hagan Glo T5HO 2 bulb light fixture
1 400 watt Marineland Visi Therm heater
2 24" glass top sections
Full API water test kit, exp. date May 2017
Whisper 100 double outlet air pump (size of a turtle!)
An unopened pack of 25' black airline tubing
packet of two way airline valves
Large bucket of natural colored smooth just less than pea sized gravel
2 nice pieces of driftwood
Several pieces of slate and large rocks
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

You weren't kidding when you said all you needed to add was water!  That's a great deal!

Dennis

PaulineMi

What felt good about this deal is I've been able to help out a few folks here and there in the hobby. Young 'uns who couldn't afford that extra tank or who'd love some "beautiful angels'.
Just began wondering about kindness vs foolishness when a deal like this comes along.

The seller was a pleasant Iraqi war vet who thought he liked Koi. When they turned out to be too messy he decided he wants to build chickencoops and raise chickens instead.

I thanked the seller for his service to our country, he thanked my Vietnam vet husband for his service and we both moved on....happy to go play with our new stuff.    ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

From one Viet vet to another..tell your husband.."Welcome home" for me....he'll understand
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 18, 2012, 07:18:11 AM
I thanked the seller for his service to our country, he thanked my Vietnam vet husband for his service and we both moved on....happy to go play with our new stuff.    ;)

That's a great story Pauline.  All of my 'big' tanks are recycled from other hobbyists.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 18, 2012, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on December 18, 2012, 07:18:11 AM

That's a great story Pauline.  All of my 'big' tanks are recycled from other hobbyists.

Dennis

He understood....from one vet to another.

Jo

Jo

Mugwump

Got pictures yet???....LOL...a seasoned sponge filter will have that puppy runing in a day..
Jon

LizStreithorst

All I ask of Santa is to be able to buy a wild caught Red Spotted Green without feeling too much guilt.  I know about myself.  I know that when my heart yearns for something, which isn't that often, the heart gets what it wants, so I know that I'll buy a RSG.  I've only been looking for two years.  I have the opportunity now.  I need to take advantage of it whether I feel guilt or not.  So there, Santa ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.