• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322

Happy multitudes

Started by LizStreithorst, October 09, 2014, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Some are turning, too :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

another

Mugwump

Cool..great shot of the one too.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

What size do they usually start turning?  Or is it different with them all?

LizStreithorst

Mine generally start just before dime size.  That's what these are.

EdKaz

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2014, 07:33:29 PM
Mine generally start just before dime size.  That's what these are.

could be the picture??...that looks almost like dime now...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They are almost dimes.  Now that they have a bit of elbow room they'll start growing like weeds.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Why thank you very much, folks.  It was the first expressing that swam in front of my lens.  I think I got lucky and just took a good pic.

They sure do love their new home in the 120.  More have turned in 24 hrs time.  Ain't that something?  I want to start selecting for fast turners.  I need to set up a 10 gallon and start separating.  And I need to start thinking about selling them.  These, I will not be giving away.  I'll ask a premium for them.  They come from my favorite pair and I believe in them.

They will all be pearlscales ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 10, 2014, 08:02:48 PM
Why thank you very much, folks.  It was the first expressing that swam in front of my lens.  I think I got lucky and just took a good pic.

They sure do love their new home in the 120.  More have turned in 24 hrs time.  Ain't that something?  I want to start selecting for fast turners.  I need to set up a 10 gallon and start separating.  And I need to start thinking about selling them.  These, I will not be giving away.  I'll ask a premium for them.  They come from my favorite pair and I believe in them.

They will all be pearlscales beautiful ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

he he he  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

More and more of my multitudes of beautiful pearl scales are turning.  I give the batch a hard look twice a day.  Twice a day I see a few more that have turned.  I've separated a tank of the turned ones into their own tank.  I'm hoping that there will be a high percentage since their grandparents came from a spawn where near 100% expressed.