• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 138
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Sadly, the baseball season...

Started by Mugwump, September 27, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...is almost over for another year... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(........*sigh*....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

If Chicago wins tonight, beating Kansas City, the Detroit Tigers will be the AL central division champs.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 27, 2014, 07:28:44 PM
If Chicago wins tonight, beating Kansas City, the Detroit Tigers will be the AL central division champs.   :)

I hope the Sox kick butt then.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Thank God it's over. Too bad football is back and hockey is starting.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 27, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

*grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump*
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on September 27, 2014, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 27, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

*grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump* *grump*

No sir. Just can't stand sports. Waste of time. Big, no gianormous waste of time.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

I used to love baseball,now you would have to pay me to watch it.
The allstar games were great,wouldn't miss one. UNTIL they   insisted on having a player from EVERY team.
Even though there may be HUNDREDS of better players that aren't included because of it.STUPID

They screwed up the world series too,with interleague play.Now you can watch NL vs AL during the regular season.That's was what was great about it,something you don't see ALL THE TIME.

And what finished   me off was the steroids,CHEATERS.A disgrace to the great players from the past.You might as well tear up the record books now.
Who's the homerun king,HANK ARRON.

The CUBS sure didn't help either,finally gave up on them after 40 YEARS.

I turn by a game now for a few minutes,almost go into a freaking coma.

GO BULLS

ghonk

THE HAMMER

Mugwump

You don't appear to have really been a Cub fan??......You're in for life...LOL....

"The CUBS sure didn't help either,finally gave up on them after 40 YEARS."

..better check out the young players finally moving up with the Cubs....next year year looks pretty interesting....very much so...rosters is shaping up nicely.....Bryant, Soler, Rizzo, Baez, Alcantara, Vallbuena, etc....and Theo has plenty of bucks for some starters too....no championship just yet, just a true work in progress at last....Theo's da man...
Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Jon

ilroost

Well for some of us baseball season lasts a little longer LOL
Mug your right about the cubs(as much as i hate to admit it)i think in 2 years they will be really good

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on September 28, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
Well for some of us baseball season lasts a little longer LOL
Mug your right about the cubs(as much as i hate to admit it)i think in 2 years they will be really good

geez, the Cardinals???..thought they were sweep out of the first round already...weren't they ???
Jon

PaulineMi

Tigers are now AL Central Division Champions!!!!!

ilroost

And the Cardinals are your N.L. Central division CHAMPS!!