• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

'New's' Angels

Started by New_b0401, September 22, 2014, 08:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_b0401

Hello everyone I'm new to breeding angels so any advice and guidance would be great I'll start with posting pictures of my pair and then I'll add on pictures of my other angels(:
Any genetic information that you can tell on this pair would be great!

This pair is in their own 20 gallon tall and they are on their fourth spawn as of yesterday. My female in inexperienced, but the male is proven. I've never made it to wiggler stage, but I'm still trying and trying not to get discouraged  :).

New_b0401

Here's a couple more of the pair

Mugwump

...yep, looks to be a pinoy clown...might have a streaked gene...see the kine up through the dorsal and body markings....??

ps..yep, Elaine's here too... ;D.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on September 22, 2014, 08:38:27 PM
...yep, looks to be a pinoy clown...might have a streaked gene...see the kine up through the dorsal and body markings....??

ps..yep, Elaine's here too... ;D.....

I figured she's the one who told me about it  ::) well awesome I hope these two have some nice fry here in the near future!

New_b0401

My other angels 4 quarter sized platinum pearlscales, a blue smokey, and what I believe to be a paraiba koi  ???

Mugwump

Looks to be a std Koi....the word Pariaba is only used to describe a Philippine blue with 2 stripeless genes....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Hello New_b0401.  Welcome to the friendliest forum around.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on September 23, 2014, 07:07:56 AM
Looks to be a std Koi....the word Pariaba is only used to describe a Philippine blue with 2 stripeless genes....

Sorry was taking someone else's word for it  ::)

New_b0401

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 23, 2014, 07:49:11 AM
Hello New_b0401.  Welcome to the friendliest forum around.  :)

Thanks Pauline! I have quickly realized that fact(:

Mugwump

Quote from: New_b0401 on September 23, 2014, 08:03:26 AM

No need to be sorry... ;D...I think Willie crossed one of my Koi that was 'het' for pb ...he got a few pb Koi.....they won't pop the blue much with the Gm genes working....
Jon

New_b0401

Not sure what all that is, but once I'm outta school I'll be doing some research lol

lanieree

Quote from: Mugwump on September 23, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

Uhhhh, ??? ??? was that me :-[ ?? When all you have in your brain are BLUES ...LOL!!  TOO MANY JOBS AND NOT ENOUGH COFFEE!! ;)  the combination can result in the sleepwalking syndrome!! LOL !!  APPEAR TO BE AWAKE BUT YOUR BRAIN IS "SLEEPING" without you!! It does have the metalic patches though just can't see them in the pic, blusher, maybe he's embarrased too!!

No need to be sorry... ;D...I think Willie crossed one of my Koi that was 'het' for pb ...he got a few pb Koi.....they won't pop the blue much with the Gm genes working....

New_b0401

It wasn't just you lol  I didn't want to call you out and yea she does have metallic  ;D trust me I've had MANY of those sleep walking moments and it's even worse because I HATE coffee  :o

wsantia1

Quote from: lanieree on September 24, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

Uhhhh, ??? ??? was that me :-[ ?? When all you have in your brain are BLUES ...LOL!!  TOO MANY JOBS AND NOT ENOUGH COFFEE!! ;)  the combination can result in the sleepwalking syndrome!! LOL !!  APPEAR TO BE AWAKE BUT YOUR BRAIN IS "SLEEPING" without you!! It does have the metalic patches though just can't see them in the pic, blusher, maybe he's embarrased too!!

Yes I do have a couple of Koi Paraiba.  Never heard of it until Jon gave me the geno and I plugged it into the calculator.  They came from a Koi x Smokey Paraiba pairing.  I think the smokey is het for gold. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

New_b0401

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 24, 2014, 09:50:04 AM
Quote from: lanieree on September 24, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

Yes I do have a couple of Koi Paraiba.  Never heard of it until Jon gave me the geno and I plugged it into the calculator.  They came from a Koi x Smokey Paraiba pairing.  I think the smokey is het for gold. 8)

So it's possible to have a koi parabia?
Ok just to clear I few things up for the "New_b"
pb= Philippine blue
het= heterozygous
Correct?
What does std and gm mean?

I have a lot to learn, but I'll get there in the meantime I'll be bombarding you all with questions ;)
Anyone know of a some good reads to help with angel genetics, colors, all that good stuff?