• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 228
Total: 229

Dantum Angels

Started by PaulineMi, September 21, 2014, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 21, 2014, 01:44:11 PM
Imagine using the Latin species identifier with a Greek strain title.  :o 

While a strain is being developed it would be in beta mode?    8)

LOL...........bingo.....but Liz calls genetic script 'Greek'....

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 21, 2014, 01:31:17 PM
Rick, the girl at DaaH, has done a lot of deconstruction of strains.  The genetics of Discus is a conglomeration of a huge mess of crosses.  He has come up with some weird results by breeding his mutts.  I wish that somebody who has the desire to further the hobby was fluent in Greek would take up the challenge. 

Nicholson maintains that everything goes back to Turks.  I'm sure he's right, but there is no way to even say Turk in Greek.

"Rick the girl at DAAH ?".....LOL.....If 'turqs' are mixed genetics, that can't be true....everything dates back to wild type....that's a given....plus, I'm sure there are more than one collection point for discus...right?... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Turks are a wild type.  It's Nicholson who says that they would all revert to Turks, not Rick.  My gut say that that they would revert to eather Turks or what used to be called Browns and what are now called Alanquers and Santarums.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 21, 2014, 02:06:53 PM
Turks are a wild type.  It's Nicholson who says that they would all revert to Turks, not Rick.  My gut say that that they would revert to eather Turks or what used to be called Browns and what are now called Alanquers and Santarums.

I would lean towards browns also.....I believe they were the earliest collected .....??...narrowing down to collection point(s) would help a lot.....there's a lot of info on the early collectors and where they caught them....All Europeans....I'd think that it could be researched..??...that would offer a clue anyway..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

FAKE trademark,don't let David fool you.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 25, 2016, 05:35:50 AM
http://www.trademarkia.com/dantum-86373578.html
Quote from: ghonk on January 20, 2016, 12:04:52 AM
FAKE trademark,don't let David fool you.

That's been known for quite a while now....it was even discussed on FB....

this is the same guy who sells Raiko's angels, and possibly not with the best description of what each shipment truly represents?....imho, this adds to the confusion about the bsp, and others.....folks don't know what they are actually getting to work with....
Jon

ghonk

Yeah i know it was on facebook,my craigslist ad started the conversation.
With David jumping back and forth on his opinion if it should be deleted or not.
One minute it was i'm going to contact whoever about it because this isn't the place for it,and the next it was leave it as is because he had nothing to hide.

In the end it was deleted,like he really wanted it to be.
So when is David going to get around to deleting that Dantum is trademarked on his website,let me see,i'm guessing NEVER.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 25, 2016, 06:44:36 AM
Yeah i know it was on facebook,my craigslist ad started the conversation.
With David jumping back and forth on his opinion if it should be deleted or not.
One minute it was i'm going to contact whoever about it because this isn't the place for it,and the next it was leave it as is because he had nothing to hide.

In the end it was deleted,like he really wanted it to be.
So when is David going to get around to deleting that Dantum is trademarked on his website,let me see,i'm guessing NEVER.

Yup.......it will stay there fooling some folks....$$$'s.....
Jon

ghonk

I'm debating posting the link on the angelfish breeders and other FB pages.
But he will probably just bitch about it till it is removed.

Even though it's info that needs to be known, something other then   look how pretty my angelfish is.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 25, 2016, 07:02:05 AM
I'm debating posting the link on the angelfish breeders and other FB pages.
But he will probably just bitch about it till it is removed.

Even though it's info that needs to be known, something other then   look how pretty my angelfish is.

I'm an 'admin' on a bunch of them.....so unless it gets really out of hand....they'll stay up...
Jon

ghonk

That's good to know,i just posted the link on the angelfish breeders and angelfish geeks.
I will not comment on it,unless David wants to call me out and get personal.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 25, 2016, 07:14:58 AM
That's good to know,i just posted the link on the angelfish breeders and angelfish geeks.
I will not comment on it,unless David wants to call me out and get personal.

I'm 'admin' on both....we'll see how it runs....
Jon

ghonk

LizStreithorst

lol  It's nice to have friends in high places, huh?
Always move forward. Never look back.