• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:42:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 254
Total: 254

Heads up folks====>

Started by Mugwump, September 19, 2014, 07:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Just a heads up folks, it's fall now and most towns are doing fire hydrant flushing. Check your water, and/or get a hold of your local water department for flushing schedules....this is important...don't get caught doing your water changes with fowl foul and contaminated water.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 19, 2014, 07:13:09 PM....water changes with fowl and contaminated water.

Dang! I just hate it when those ducks and geese come bumping through my water pipes! And once they get into my tanks, they play havoc with the plants!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I luv yuh, man!   ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 20, 2014, 10:56:52 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 19, 2014, 07:13:09 PM....water changes with fowl and contaminated water.

Dang! I just hate it when those ducks and geese come bumping through my water pipes! And once they get into my tanks, they play havoc with the plants!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I luv yuh, man!   ;)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We have an in house spell checker.  Lol.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

fowl....foul water  ;D........
Jon

b125killer

should the water filters keep the tap water in check? I would hate to get water FOWL in my tank! I don't check or treat water out of the filters. unless it's RO water I keep a eye on the tds for that. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on September 20, 2014, 08:24:52 PM
should the water filters keep the tap water in check? I would hate to get water FOWL foul  ;D in my tank! I don't check or treat water out of the filters. unless it's RO water I keep a eye on the tds for that.

just check your filters for extreme discoloration.....you might see or small smell it from a house faucet first????
Jon

PaulineMi

Wonder who's gonna jump on the "small it from a house faucet"     ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 21, 2014, 09:32:36 AM
Wonder who's gonna jump on the "small smell it from a house faucet"     ;D ;D ;D

Oh ok....I changed it............happy now?.....dang 'spell check' vigilantes...... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 21, 2014, 09:32:36 AM
Wonder who's gonna jump on the "small it from a house faucet"     ;D ;D ;D
You beat me to it Pauline!!!!  :P  Glad I got a backup spell checker here!!!!!  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

Just do what i do Jon, I blame spelling on my tablet and sausage fingers! Or spell check changed it.  ;D
Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on September 22, 2014, 12:44:28 AM
Just do what i do Jon, I blame spelling on my tablet and sausage fingers! Or spell check changed it.  ;D

Right on Scott.   ;)