• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

first step

Started by BillT, September 17, 2014, 05:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

The Nats (Nationals) and the Birds (Orioles) both cliched their divisions.
The first step in my plan for them to meet in the WS.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 17, 2014, 05:57:03 PM
The Nats (Nationals) and the Birds (Orioles) both cliched their divisions.
The first step in my plan for them to meet in the WS.

Not sure the 'Nats' can win the NL...St Louis and LA stand in the way...plus a 'wild card'...same for the Orioles....Angels aren't a breeze by, and Detroit can be awful tough.....I like the Orioles, but don't see the 'Nats' doing it.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Well we'll see. Step one is done.

I have rooted for these guys since I was a kid in that area.

ilroost

Pittsburgh is the hot team now. If they make it in watch out

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on September 17, 2014, 06:56:11 PM
Pittsburgh is the hot team now. If they make it in watch out

yep, but they're chasing Milwaukee and S F.....and they're not laying down....IMHO, Milwaukee is over rated....they repeatedly fail to play to their potential....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Whatever happened to Oakland?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 18, 2014, 12:15:35 PM
Whatever happened to Oakland?

They'll have to get by LA....but you're right, a very good team...
Jon