• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Stocking Emergency

Started by wsantia1, September 14, 2014, 08:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.  My little 16g bowfront will go in a closet.  My dog barking at the door will give me the time I need to turn everything off.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

You may end up looking like you have questionable taste in decor but anything for the fish, right?  Lol. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 14, 2014, 04:00:13 PM
You may end up looking like you have questionable taste in decor but anything for the fish, right?  Lol.

You're right.  I am just trying to save this 40 breeder now.  I probably went overboard on the number of tanks I had in this small room.  The air was getting quite thick. 

I've broken down 2 tanks and moved 1 and I can already tell the difference.  I do run the dehumidifier and an air purifier but sometimes you have to cut back to be able to enjoy the fish.
Willie

Rjb3

Cover the tanks and some furniture, put drop cloths on the floor, and they'll think you're painting. You don't have to say anything. Let them use their imaginations.

wsantia1

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 14, 2014, 07:43:49 PM
Cover the tanks and some furniture, put drop cloths on the floor, and they'll think you're painting. You don't have to say anything. Let them use their imaginations.

I really like that painting idea.  I was going to paint something anyway. lol.  I'll get my paint and drop cloths this morning.  I don't need much. 8) ;D ;D ;D
Willie

ghonk

Cut the bottom out of a box,set it over the tank.
Stack a couple small boxes on top of it,then they will think you are about to move. :)

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 15, 2014, 07:42:31 AM
Cut the bottom out of a box,set it over the tank.
Stack a couple small boxes on top of it,then they will think you are about to move. :)

LOL...that's a great idea....LOL   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

;D ;D ;D We are delightfully good at this deception thing.;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

wsantia1

I actually have my two stacked 40 breeders looking like a fold up bed in my office (3rd bedroom).  I even have pillows on top. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2014, 08:26:01 AM
I actually have my two stacked 40 breeders looking like a fold up bed in my office (3rd bedroom).  I even have pillows on top. ;D ;D ;D

Ingenious.....I like it...........pics of the whole ruse please... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 15, 2014, 12:10:05 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2014, 08:26:01 AM

Ingenious.....I like it...........pics of the whole ruse please... ;D

There are two 40g breeders under there.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Here is the top tank with the cover down. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

PaulineMi

Outstanding.  Be sure to let us know how the inspection goes.  Uneventful I'd assume.