• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

Stocking Emergency

Started by wsantia1, September 14, 2014, 08:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Well my apartment complex decided that they will conduct an "annual sprinkler system inspection" beginning tomorrow through Friday. :o They will not specify an exact date and time frame so it will be like a random inspection. My dilemma is that my lease states that I can keep an aquarium up to 50 gallons (I don't think I'm allowed multiples). ??? 

I need to consolidate everything I have in to a 55 gallon tank and move the rest of the equipment into my garage which is not connected to my building and has no running water or heat.  This sucks big time and I am anticipating some losses due to overcrowding. >:( 

My best best is to feed sparingly and do daily heavy water changes in the evening. I will have at least 15 adults and a bunch of BNs in that 55. >:( 

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my Juvies. I can't wait for my house to be completed so I don't have to deal with this BS.  ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Shove em in closets for a couple days... ;D....no sprinkler heads in there. Plus those inspections are usually very random, or quick visuals so they can show that they're up to code. They check the main supply, and then look at system configurations...then choose a couple units to check....they don't want to check anymore than they have too either.....likely the fire department and they don't care about fish tanks...well some might?? ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think that you're ok....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

THe maintenance dept. is going to accompany them and I am sure they will report anything out of the ordinary.  The closet is a thought for the Juvies. I should be able to hide a 29 in there.
Willie

wsantia1

Well I decided to move a 46 BF into the living room.  I will fill it with all of my Juvies and some young Bns. I put my adults and some big BNs in the 55g.  Some light fighting going on right now. :o

I will take down everything else and hope for the best.  At most they will make me take down the 46 BF but since it is in a different room they may not say anything. ::)

Hmmm...... I can also move my adults into the 46 and put the Juvies in the 55. I have a lot to think about now. ::)

What do you guys think? ???
Willie

Mugwump

Bath tub with shower curtain closed... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I like that one too.  I'll do that for anything left over. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

ooh ooh....new clear water bed mattress... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....hell to net em out tho...LOL
Jon

PaulineMi

Any way you can put a sheet over a tank with a cutting board or something across a corner and put a lamp & a couple of books on it?  Run & unplug filtration when they arrive.  ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 14, 2014, 12:19:32 PM
Any way you can put a sheet over a tank with a cutting board or something across a corner and put a lamp & a couple of books on it?  Run & unplug filtration when they arrive.  ::)

Now that's an interesting idea. Thanks  i have a board I can put over a 40b and plenty of lamps too. lol ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

LOL...we're a scheming bunch here, huh?.....LOL...
Jon

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2014, 08:59:17 AM
Shove em in closets for a couple days... ;D ....no sprinkler heads in there. Plus those inspections are usually very random, or quick visuals so they can show that they're up to code. They check the main supply, and then look at system configurations...then choose a couple units to check....they don't want to check anymore than they have too either.....likely the fire department and they don't care about fish tanks...well some might?? ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think that you're ok....

Lori and I did that trick... lol
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

wsantia1

Well the turtle will go in the bath tub in a sterlite cont. My 40b will a get comforter put over it along with some clothes (possibly dirty). ::) The 46 BF is now in the living room. 8)

Now I have to find a spot for the small BF that houses my L144s. I also have some regular BNs in it too. I am probably gonna throw my Smokey Paraiba youngsters (6) in there too, lol. It's a good tank to feed small fish in. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Shazam....I love you guys.... ;D....what a great crew.....seems that there is no problem that can't be solved ...LOL...ya just gotta love it...... 8)
Jon

BillT

I was thinking cover everything up and come up with an explanation about old furniture and it having a light sensitive finish or something. But Pauline's disguise makes for fewer possible questions.

Barb

Yep, table cloth, some stuff on top of it, nobody will know what is hidden there.  Don't forget to turn off anything that makes noise  under it though.
Barb